Forums - Gaming Discussion - EVO 2020 officially cancelled in the wake of the storm of sexual controversy, new CEO installed

Xxain said:

What is the relevance to Smash communities?

Trigger Warning.

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/hjfv0y/summary_of_sexual_and_nonsexual_allegations/



Around the Network
Wyrdness said:
Xxain said:

What is the relevance to Smash communities?

Trigger Warning.

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/hjfv0y/summary_of_sexual_and_nonsexual_allegations/

Face it, the Smash Bros. community is fucking done. It just became worse than the Pokemon community. -_-



I only read 2 and had enough. Why are these events not separated by age?



There's been so many accusations/revelations, it's pretty overwhelming. A friend of mine was crying for a few days because she knew some of people in the Smash scene involved in this.



Xxain said:
I only read 2 and had enough. Why are these events not separated by age?

Would not solve anything. Best thing is for videogame related celebrities to not engage in any sexual activity with people that belong in the community, even if it is consensual. 



Around the Network
EnricoPallazzo said:
Xxain said:
I only read 2 and had enough. Why are these events not separated by age?

Would not solve anything. Best thing is for videogame related celebrities to not engage in any sexual activity with people that belong in the community, even if it is consensual. 

^This.




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FenlSSaNhzE



Zer0.. say it ain't so.




So... why there is no legal consequences for any of the dozens of people accused of this disgusting actions? I don't care that they are sorry. I want them to pay.

Also, there's certainly a problem with adults with the mind of a repressed teenager/kid. And the gaming community seems to gather a good amount of these people. So I guess is not THAT unexpected...



Vodacixi said:

So... why there is no legal consequences for any of the dozens of people accused of this disgusting actions? I don't care that they are sorry. I want them to pay.

Also, there's certainly a problem with adults with the mind of a repressed teenager/kid. And the gaming community seems to gather a good amount of these people. So I guess is not THAT unexpected...

Several of them just asked for an apology or for them to acknowledge what happened. And due to the nature of these crimes, they're often difficult to prove.