By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Tencent has dropped Technical Demonstration "SYN" running on Unreal Engine for Next Gen consoles and PC

Tencent showcased SYN, a technical demonstration for a “globally marketed PC and console open-world first-person shooter game,” during its annual Tencent Games press conference.

Here is an overview of the technical demo, via the video:

Welcome to Tencent Games’ Lightspeed and Quantum Studios’ SYN, a tech demo for a globally marketed PC and console open-world first-person shooter game. Everything you see in this demo is not final. We tried to push forward state-of-the-art, real-time graphics in a cyberpunk-style world with an intriguing universe and striking visuals.

Our characters are realistic, yet stylish, with various customization features including cosmetics, skins, and extremely realistic effects achieved with our strand-based hair system through cooperation with Epic Games.

Players can choose to play as one of the three factions along with their very own cybernetic pet, each with their own unique customizable looks and traits.

Our immersive character and vehicle selection and customization process takes place within our open-world universe, so characters can interact with their environment even while being modified in real-time by users.

Last edited by Xxain - on 27 June 2020

Around the Network

This could be fuckin huge. Fortnite for Anime crowd

I didn't see a boob slider, so its a no from me

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

If this is single-player then I'm much more interested in this than CP77. If it's just another BR game it can fuck off.

Last edited by Leynos - on 27 June 2020

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

I can't watch this, it's by Tencent. That means all my data is gonna get stolen and the CCP will kill my family.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Who the hell is this made for?

yakuza 6 on ps4 looks better

Bear with clownsface was so randomly funny.

Mummelmann said:
Who the hell is this made for?

People who have played every single game that exists and are looking for something new.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.