By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Now that Demon's Souls is getting a Remake, let's please fix World Numbers!

Tagged games:

Improved graphics and performance > Fixing world numbers.

Do they need to be fixed tho? I wasnt even aware that was an issue.

Around the Network

that's a bit of a weird hangup to have and the difficulty progression actually is waaay different than you indicate, as it's definitely not intended to finish a world before going to the next one

1-1 is the easiest >  1-2;2-1;5-1 are about equal >  3-1;4-1 about equal >  2-2;3-2  >  2-3  >  1-3;4-2;5-2  >  3-3;4-3;5-3  >  1-4 is what I'd say is the difficulty progression

Anyone platinum it on ps3? I don't know if I will play through again, was already perfect the last time.

I just hope they add the missing world. Alot of the assets already exists for it. Would be great to add it, and gives vets a reason to return.

Man I cant wait to play it. Its the only souls game missing for me. I wonder if it is possible to connect the 5 areas somehow to give it a more modern fell, like bloodborne where the areas are separated but at the same time a lot of them are interconnected.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
EnricoPallazzo said:
Man I cant wait to play it. Its the only souls game missing for me. I wonder if it is possible to connect the 5 areas somehow to give it a more modern fell, like bloodborne where the areas are separated but at the same time a lot of them are interconnected.

It's still my favorite from the sub genre it created.

I don't think they should connect the areas at all tho, first because that would make the Nexus kinda pointless, and second because they wouldn't make any sense being connected as they are distinct regions of the world and likely not close to each other at all.

For example the Boletaria was the last kingdom to fall to the colorless fog because of King Allant and the Valley of Defilement is where the unwanted are sent to suffer, so they should not be close from each other at all.

Another one, the giants of the north broke their own Archstone to prevent the demons reaching their palace, so if it was just connecte to the Shrine of Storms for example, they could easily invade there anyway.

I love how Dark Souls connected the areas but it just doesn't make any sense for Demon's Souls, neither logically or story-wise.

I gotta agree with BraLoD here. Discrete regions and a central hub are a big part of what makes DeS distinctive.

The Metroidvania approach for Dark Souls is wonderful, but I'd like to see Demon's Souls retain its unique structure.

I did platinum it and I will NEVER do a fromsoft game again.  Did not get the feeling of satisfaction everyone promised.  Felt less difficult and more annoying with the checkpoints and lost currency and no pausing.  I've played way more difficult games and less difficult ones that felt much more fair and satisfying.  This one felt like it was trying to artificially extend its content by making your stats impossible to fix once you've put a couple in the wrong category and by making you go back before all the easy shit when you die on the hard shit 

I am Iron Man

I'm getting so tired of Sony with these remakes of games already out. I know MS has done it with 1 gears game and MCC but damn Sony how many old games are gonna be remastered shit ps5 is gonna be filled with more ps4 games than ps4 games the first year at this rate

Shadow of storms is one of the easier worlds....

The skeletons are easy parries and or are easily stun locked when using blunt weapons. Everything else isn't much of a threat and the bosses are all gimick bosses and once you've figured them out they're easy.

Valley of Defilement and Latria are pure hell while Stonefang has Flamelurker soooo..... yeah.

BraLoD said:
Groundking said:
Shadow of storms is one of the easier worlds....

The skeletons are easy parries and or are easily stun locked when using blunt weapons. Everything else isn't much of a threat and the bosses are all gimick bosses and once you've figured them out they're easy.

Valley of Defilement and Latria are pure hell while Stonefang has Flamelurker soooo..... yeah.

You must be kidding me if you find those skeletons easier than the enemies in Valley of Defilement or Tower of Latria.

VoD has the big club guys and the rest are slugs and mosquitos.

ToL has those octupus head fuckers that yeah, are very dangerous, but there are a lot of weaker enemies too 

Now SoT has the skeletons as the base enemies, then  the golden and black skeletons, the reaper and invisible enemies and the flying manta reys shoting you spears non stop.

SoT is definitely the place with the stronger enemies overall.

VoD has poison, which makes it pure cancer by default and more annoying than what the skellys can do.

I just can't deal with te octupus head fuckers at all.

Manta rays are easy, just take a bow I don't recall them taking more than one arrow to kill, can clean the skies up pretty quick. Golden and Black skellys are also parryable and generally piece of piss and also have low stun threshold to blunt hits. The reapers can't do shit once you're hitting them. I had forgotton about the invidible enemies tho, they suck.

I dunno maybe it's just me but I really didn't and don't find SoS bad at all. Spent hours hopelessly stuck in ToL.

EDIT: Also I have no idea what order I did things first time around so I might have been maxed out when I first did SoS and now it doesn't seem to difficult because I know the tricks and parrying is op, so this might be blinding my judgement a bit. I've not played it since some time in 2015 either.

Last edited by Groundking - on 21 June 2020