By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - (POSSIBLE SPOILERS INSIDE) The agenda and political discussion of Naughty Dog

Have politics damaged the quality of ND games

No 39 41.94%

Yes 54 58.06%

Total:93
Hynad said:
EnricoPallazzo said:

He is a big hypocrite and a living example of the fart smelling episode of south park.

Still, what is happenning to that lady is almost unbeliavable, although it happens a lot.

The problem is that instead focusing that those are just crazy people which will do crazy stuff no matter what, the media (with the help of drunkmann) will try to attach this behaviour to all the sinners that didnt like the story.

In summary, nothing new under the sun.

He is specifically calling out the "people that propagate this kind of hate".  So please, explain why you think he is a hypocrite. 

Because as is, your comment is indeed nothing new under the sun. You've been on the the haters bandwagon and crapped on this game and Druckmann the whole time. 

He is kinda instigating more hatefull reactions by doing this,he will not make them feel sorry for that behaviour but gives them attention like they're important.

A really bad move to react in this fashion imo,he could atleast let all the hype to hate cool down a bit cause this will not make the voice actress more safe.This is either stupid with ''good'' intentions or egoistical.

Edit: O seems he was retweeting it,still not the wisest but more justified ofcourse.

One of those people was luckily stupid enough to attach his face to a deaththreat,i do not know how much the legal system cares about such things but i hope they get repercussions for that behaviour.

Last edited by Immersiveunreality - on 06 July 2020

Around the Network
Immersiveunreality said:
Hynad said:

He is specifically calling out the "people that propagate this kind of hate".  So please, explain why you think he is a hypocrite. 

Because as is, your comment is indeed nothing new under the sun. You've been on the the haters bandwagon and crapped on this game and Druckmann the whole time. 

He is kinda instigating more hatefull reactions by doing this,he will not make them feel sorry for that behaviour but gives them attention like they're important.

A really bad move to react in this fashion imo,he could atleast let all the hype to hate cool down a bit cause this will not make the voice actress more safe.This is either stupid with ''good'' intentions or egoistical.

Egotistical? What the actual fuck?

Ok, I can't even.

You want to put the blame on someone? Blame the moronic fucks that send death threats when a video game doesn't go their way.

Hynad said:
Immersiveunreality said:

Ok, I can't even.

You want to put the blame on someone? Blame the moronic fucks that send death threats when a video game doesn't go their way.

Fist bolded: Do you really think it is wise to sometimes give attention to haters when it can potentionally make them feel like their actions matter?

Sec bolded: Who are you talking to and who's not blaming them?

You need to think about the actual safety of the people being involved and not about your own emotional investement,so i myself would be reluctant to spread any attention towards the haters to not make matters worse.(It is the choice of the voice actress herself and her right to say something about it because it involves her own safety but others could be a bit more carefull.)

And i did an edit right after i made that comment that you seem to have missed,can you read that please?

Last edited by Immersiveunreality - on 06 July 2020

Hynad said:
EnricoPallazzo said:

He is a big hypocrite and a living example of the fart smelling episode of south park.

Still, what is happenning to that lady is almost unbeliavable, although it happens a lot.

The problem is that instead focusing that those are just crazy people which will do crazy stuff no matter what, the media (with the help of drunkmann) will try to attach this behaviour to all the sinners that didnt like the story.

In summary, nothing new under the sun.

I won't go here why I think he is a hypocrite and full of himself, that would be a topic for another day and it is just my opinion, you may have a different one.

As for his message it is very clear to me what he tried to do and I can read between the lines that it was not directed only for those who sent the death treat messages. The second part of his tweet makes it clear for me. 

As as for being a hater of the game you could not be more wrong. I praised the game several times and said it is a masterpiece several times, from a technical point of view. As for the story, pacing and characters I definitely dislike it. This is far from hate in my opinion. I'm just a guy that don't think this is a 10/10 and this should not upset you or other people. Still, it does.

EnricoPallazzo said:
Hynad said:

I won't go here why I think he is a hypocrite and full of himself, that would be a topic for another day and it is just my opinion, you may have a different one.

As for his message it is very clear to me what he tried to do and I can read between the lines that it was not directed only for those who sent the death treat messages. The second part of his tweet makes it clear for me. 

As as for being a hater of the game you could not be more wrong. I praised the game several times and said it is a masterpiece several times, from a technical point of view. As for the story, pacing and characters I definitely dislike it. This is far from hate in my opinion. I'm just a guy that don't think this is a 10/10 and this should not upset you or other people. Still, it does.

So you have nothing to say to explain your comment, because it's supposedly a topic for another day... Yet you first raised that opinion here nonetheless.  Sorry, but that's bullshit.  You're trying to evade this because your opinion isn't defensible.  

And I don't fucking care about people not thinking this is a 10/10 game. It's not a 10/10 for me either. So stop trying to read between the lines because you're really not good at it.

Last edited by Hynad - on 06 July 2020

Around the Network
Hynad said:
EnricoPallazzo said:

So you have nothing to say to explain your comment, because it's supposedly a topic for another day... Yet you first raised that opinion here nonetheless.  Sorry, but that's bullshit.  You're trying to evade this because your opinion isn't defensible.  

And I don't fucking care about people not thinking this is a 10/10 game. It's not a 10/10 for me either. So stop trying to read between the lines because you're really not good at it.

I won't go into it because I'm sick and tired of angry people like you on the internet, going into this discussion will take it nowhere and just consume my time. You love the guy? Good for you. I think he is a hypocrite and full of himself this is my opinion and I have absolutely no obligation to explain it to an angry person looking for an argument like you. Go grab a beer or something and chill out.

As for reading between the lines I was very clear I was talking about Drunkmann and not you, you were very clear on your opinion that I was shitting on the game which I made clear it's not the case.

We are still finding ways to blame Neil even if we need to "interpret" to get there?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

And another Jim Sterling vid about the subject.

He is has an easy time to go into extremes himself when it fits his dialogue but that aint such a big deal atm.

It takes a special kind of stupid to send death threats to voice actors because you're angry at a video game.

Jim Sterling's take on these morons:

Immersiveunreality said:
Hynad said:

Ok, I can't even.

Fist bolded: Do you really think it is wise to sometimes give attention to haters when it can potentionally make them feel like their actions matter?

You need to think about the actual safety of the people being involved and not about your own emotional investement,so i myself would be reluctant to spread any attention towards the haters to not make matters worse.(It is the choice of the voice actress herself and her right to say something about it because it involves her own safety but others could be a bit more carefull.)

And i did an edit right after i made that comment that you seem to have missed,can you read that please?

Not reacting to these scum is the worst thing we could possibly do.  This kind of behaviour is in no way, shape or form acceptable and the more people calling it out the better as far as I'm concerned.

forest-spirit said:

It takes a special kind of stupid to send death threats to voice actors because you're angry at a video game.

Jim Sterling's take on these morons:

Immersiveunreality said:

Not reacting to these scum is the worst thing we could possibly do.  This kind of behaviour is in no way, shape or form acceptable and the more people calling it out the better as far as I'm concerned.

When the reaction is important for the victim or make the idiots that make those threats think they can face consequences and stop doing these things as a result then yes,when it is just people putting their own emotions in front of the safety of the victims themselves then no.

Getting the police at their doorfront would be the best reaction and mostly the most silent in the beginning.