By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time rated for PS4, Xbox One in Taiwan (Leak)

Ka-pi96 said:

IIRC Warped was only ever called Crash 3 in Europe. So Wrath of Cortex has just as much claim to being Crash 4 as Warped does to Crash 3.

Doesn't Warped have the big red 3 on the background clock on the logo in NA or JP?

Around the Network

The moment of truth I was waiting for since they did the trilogy. Remaking a game is a thing. Doing a new one is another. Can they manage to do something decent ? We'll see.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Some gameplay, which I think looks a lot better than the trailer made it seem.

Linear platforming level designs like the original 3 games. Looks like it could be good, my hopes are a bit better after seeing this.

Still not sure why developers/publishers feel the need to reinvent everything. They already had a great engine and art assets with the trilogy, why make such big changes and create more work for yourself when you already have something people loved? The chances of it being liked more than the nsane trilogy gameplay/art is very low and the cost is higher.

So happy they decided to do this and name it Crash 4 as a direct sequel to the original 3 games.

Loving the game play and hope it delivers.

The gameplay looks really good, hopefully the game is not too short. Looking forward to this.

Around the Network
Link_Nines.XBC said:

The gameplay looks really good, hopefully the game is not too short. Looking forward to this.

Gotta say I'm a bit concerned by that too. I know the original Crash games weren't exactly long to start with, but even so... this is Activision publishing it now and they're usually one to skimp on singleplayer game lengths.

If it comes to the Switch I'll buy it, and it probably will given the patterns of releasing games like the N.Sane and Spyro Reignited Trilogies a year later on Nintendo, plus how well the Crash games have sold on Switch and it being a fairly simple cartoony game that wouldn't be hard to port.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Ka-pi96 said:
Link_Nines.XBC said:

Gotta say I'm a bit concerned by that too. I know the original Crash games weren't exactly long to start with, but even so... this is Activision publishing it now and they're usually one to skimp on singleplayer game lengths.

Yes value for money is always going to be a problem after the exceptional nsane trilogy. $40 for 86 levels, 16 bosses... There's no way they can compete with that. They could have easily charged $60 for the trilogy, hell even release seperately for $30 each game and people would have lapped it up still. Actvision gave remarkable value with the trilogy and I don't see any way that Crash 4 can look good by comparison in that area.