By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - In your mind, what will the Xbox SX conference have to do to beat the PS5 conference?

Tagged games:

Answer the damned question!

Fantastic games 65 51.18%

100% backwards compatible with every Xbox 3 2.36%

VR Support 3 2.36%

Shockingly low price 21 16.54%

There's NOTHING they can do 31 24.41%

Other (please explain) 4 3.15%

Total:127
hinch said:
Trunkin said:

The issue is that it would cost the same, or maybe even a little more, to buy a PC with matching specs to the PS5/XBsX as it would to just buy both consoles. Plus, unless crossplay becomes more widely implemented, he most likely won't be able to play a lot of games with his friends, if he's into that. He'll also be locked into digital only, which may be an issue depending on where he lives and what kind of internet he can afford.

Also, the consoles can play 4k Blu Rays without struggling with the dumbass DRM these companies have in place. I dunno about him, but still a selling point for me.

By the time XBX comes to market there will be Ryzen refresh, big Navi from AMD and Nvidias new range of GPU on the market. I would think a mid range card like a RTX3060 will be ample enough to keep pace with next gen consoles. Its more upfront cost but you would be saving more over the years. After Live/PS+ yearly fee's, and higher cost per game games vs on PC. No to mention more platforms on PC, Steam/Unreal/EA so more competition and more sales. It all adds up. In a couple years that cheap console is already costing the same of even more than a PC, which you can do a lot more on than just gaming.

Just saying, the guy said he was open to suggestions :P There are other options. But I don't think the average gamer is going to be that tech savvy and deal with the faff and just want to plug and play.

Ah, but an RTX3060 is most likely gonna cost $250 if we're being really optimistic(my money's on $300). Add to that a competent CPU, SDD, and all the other bells and whistles and I don't think you'll get by paying less than $1000. PS+ and XBL kind of justify their cost these days with all the "free" games. Although you do get the same perks actually free on PC with all the Ubi, EA, and Epic giveaways, so I have to agree with you there. When it comes to big titles, though, I haven't really been seeing better deals on PC than I have on consoles recently, so I don't think there's much of a price advantage for games on PC anymore.

Plus, even if buying both consoles costs more than one gaming PC, you still get access to all of Sony's first party games, and Xbox will play pretty much anything else you'd play on PC, unless you're into strategy games. It's a better deal, imo. Unless, of course, you actually prefer some of the unique things gaming on PC brings to the table. But you're right, it's always good to have options. Personally, if I had to choose, I'd still go with PC over console.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
eva01beserk said:

Why would you lump together 2 events to suit your narrative? You either compare it to that weak ass event they show in june or you compare it to the potential event in july. Because if you use your example any future event could determine how a past event is received. That just does not make sense. Once you got that fowl taste on your mouth from the may event, nothing shone in the future will cleanse it. 

Because MS decided to split their games into 2 different events. MS could have showed everything from the May event alongside everything from the upcoming July event in one long 2+ hour show, but they decided not too. Seems strange that you would only compare 1 event vs 1 event. If quantity is something that matters to somebody, like the person I was responding to, isn't it only fair to look at the total number of exclusives announced for Xbox Series against the total number of exclusives announced for PS5?

I personally couldn't care less about how many total exclusives are announced, what matters to me is if the exclusives are games that I plan to play. And so far MS has already announced 6 timed or full exclusives that I will likely play on Series X (Halo Infinite, Everwild, Second Extinction, Call of the Sea, Hellblade 2, and Flight Simulator), even before their July event. Sony by comparison has announced 4 timed or full exclusives that interest me; Horizon 2, Kena, Ghostwire Tokyo, and Returnal, so Microsoft is already ahead for me even before the July event. 

Yes,MS decided that. No one else did. Peoples excitement was not put on hold until july. While sure, if total amount was the best indicator, then MS was the winer from may to june, now sony from june to mybe june and if ms shows more that event what? they win until the rumored august event from sony? then what MS announces another? It will never end. Its why an event exited people during the vent and whats shown in it, anything before does not add to the exciment. 

On your second point, thats totally fine. Everyone has different taste and cant be refuted. For me its the oposite, ratchet and clank is one of my favorite franchises and horizon is also awesome. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Shaunodon said:
eva01beserk said:

Why would you lump together 2 events to suit your narrative? You either compare it to that weak ass event they show in june or you compare it to the potential event in july. Because if you use your example any future event could determine how a past event is received. That just does not make sense. Once you got that fowl taste on your mouth from the may event, nothing shone in the future will cleanse it. 

Why are you making this a thing about lumping together events? Not all of the exclusives shown in the Sony event were first revealed there, so if he's gonna count those among the '20 exclusives', how is this any different?

Hell, one of those games-- Little Devil Inside --was actually a kickstarter from 5 years ago, but somehow it ended up as a timed console exclusive for PS5? Reading recent comments from the kickstarter page, the people who successfully helped fund the game don't seem too thrilled by this. I suppose we're not gonna talk about that rather shady business practice?

I dint. He did. Because thats the nature of the event. Its like previous E3's. COD got showend like 4 times and nobody cared. One of them decided to not show it while it will still be playeable day one on their platform and sudenly everybody looses their mind. What is shown in one event does not build exitement on another event. This could bbe the first time said game is shown. There could be people who wont bother watchhing all the shows. There could be some that waited, then got told is trash and decided to skip it therefore will miss certain games only seen on that event. Not saying that you forget a game, but if your comparing 2 events toghether, adding another from the past does not make it better. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

People that are loyalists to either side won't really be persuaded. The only way to declare who is a winner is whoever gets more of the open minded people to buy their device. I did not own a PS4 or Xbox One, as I have a PC. But due to my computer being in a separate room from my big TV, the fact that I want to be with my family when I game, and the fact that my desktop has some parts in it that are starting to age (ones not easily replaced like motherboard), means I will probably get a Series X or PS5 this gen.

So, as one of those on the fence guys, I'd say unless MS screws up they have it in the bag for me. I'm not interested in ports of games, or games announced that aren't even coming out for years, or a dlc version of Spiderman. What new, AAA games were announced by Sony to launch with the system, or at least in the launch window?

I'd like to see a comparison of launch window games between Xbox Series X and Ps5. Only games that are brand new and AAA or AA budget. Not ports, or dlc versions of last gen games, or first party budget games. I'm talking in the first 4 months who has the most big games coming? Genuine question. Still on the fence, but leaning towards Series X. And my goodness does that Ps5 design stick out in a bad way. The thing looks like it's meant for a bachelor pad and not for a married husband and father with a non futuristic aesthetic for home decor. That design will clash with everything lol.

gergroy said:
eva01beserk said:

I’m sure they are talking in general, not comparing conferences.  Just in general excitement about the next gen consoles.  Also, I think all the console makers have shown that one bad presentation doesn’t doom them forever.  Also, the May event wasn’t even bad, just didn’t meet expectations.

Well that would change everything then. But if that is the case and I miss interpret that, you have to see it from my point of view, the title of the thread is basically conference vs conference, Me making that assumption is only natural. 

I hope one presentation is not enough to doom a console. I would hate to think us gamers are so fragile and unforgiving that a single showing would make us turn our backs on something. 

I have to disagree with the last part. If they say next gen gameplay and dont deliver any next gen gameplay or even next gen games, then thats way more than not meeting expectations, that is basicly lying. 

Around the Network

Infinite undiscovery remake or 2 would be hilarious

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I think I'm already biased bcuz I'm already more excited about XSX. But like I said in another thread, the problem with MS's approach is that they've been dropping their information little by little. I mean, they have already announced Halo, Hellblade 2, Everwild, Flight Simulator, Gears Tactics, Scorn, The Medium and The Ascent. That is eight games already announced, there is no way they will be able to match the number of exclusives in Sony's presentation.

I was really underwhelmed by Sony's conference and that's coming from a lifetime PS fan. If they bring in some really cool exclusives, maybe a revival of a beloved franchise or two (outside of MS's stable), they could really put some pressure on Sony.

shikamaru317 said:
eva01beserk said:

Because MS decided to split their games into 2 different events. MS could have showed everything from the May event alongside everything from the upcoming July event in one long 2+ hour show, but they decided not too. Seems strange that you would only compare 1 event vs 1 event. If quantity is something that matters to somebody, like the person I was responding to, isn't it only fair to look at the total number of exclusives announced for Xbox Series against the total number of exclusives announced for PS5?

I personally couldn't care less about how many total exclusives are announced, what matters to me is if the exclusives are games that I plan to play. And so far MS has already announced 6 timed or full exclusives that I will likely play on Series X (Halo Infinite, Everwild, Second Extinction, Call of the Sea, Hellblade 2, and Flight Simulator), even before their July event. Sony by comparison has announced 4 timed or full exclusives that interest me; Horizon 2, Kena, Ghostwire Tokyo, and Returnal, so Microsoft is already ahead for me even before the July event. 

OP asks about one conference beating another and you want to put 2 conferences to beat one that doesn`t really make any sense at all.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

shikamaru317 said:
SammyGiireal said:
They Need Fable 4.....at launch.

I can guarantee you it won't be ready at launch. If Playground's RPG studio are indeed making a Fable reboot as rumored, it only entered development in 2017, and the RPG studio has been hiring very slowly, with only around 80-90 devs at that studio so far. I wouldn't expect to see Fable release until 2022. They may announce it at the July show though, possibly with a short in-engine trailer. 

I disagree that it is needed at launch. They already have Halo, their biggest IP, on launch, as well as Forza game and a console port of Gears Tactics most likely. Plus The Medium and Call of the Sea from the May event are both scheduled for release Holiday 2020. So that is 5 exclusives that will be available on launch Holiday most likely. Too many exclusives on release and they start to hurt each others sales, we saw that with Xbox One, which had 8 exclusives launch day, and 10 launch Holiday, most of the smaller ones didn't sell very well, only the 3 big ones sold well. 

Halo 5 sold 5 million units...the series doesn't carry the clout it once did, alone with Forza I don't know that it can kill the PS5  hype the way things are  going. My hand would tremble if some footage of the game Fable "Reboot"  is showed, I loved Fable 2. I used to love Halo too but hasn't been the same since Bungie left.