By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I think people should keep an eye on Kaori Ando in the future

If there's one developer within Nintendo I think has the most potential to be big in the future, it's Kaori Ando. You might be asking...

But let me run you down.

https://nintendo.fandom.com/wiki/Kaori_Ando

Kaori Ando joined Nintendo in 2005, she currently works in the Entertainment Planning & Development Division, under Hitoshi Yamagami's group. She started off as a coordinator, mostly for Pokemon spin-offs. But in recent years, she's been taking the Director's chair on quite a few titles. Most notably, she is the co-creator of Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, which came out of a desire to merge two or her favorite series, Shin Megami Tensei, and Fire Emblem. Afterwards, her boss Yamagami asked her to come up with another game, on the spot, she threw an idea about eating Sushi, this formed the basis for Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido, which Nintendo developed together with indieszero. Most recently, she served as Co-Director on Platinum Games' Astral Chain.

With such recent games under her belt, I think many people should keep an eye out for when they see her again. I have a feeling she's going to become one of Nintendo newest star developers, joining the likes of Kosuke Yabuki, Hisashi Nogami, Tsubasa Sakaguchi, perhaps even Yoshiaki Koizumi.

Around the Network

I came in expecting a stalking thread, but was disappointed in a nice way
I never knew about her, and honestly, her portfolio is already looking extremely varied. Most definitely somebody who could bring some incredible diversity to the Nintendo family IP-wise. Sushi Striker and Astral Chain show that she can work on both extremes of game development, ie. small, almost indie-like project, and massive AAA titles as well.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!