By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Predict PS5 launch Price in EU/Dollars.

599$
Let the meme become true.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

£450 Digital will have 2TB
£500 Disc version will have 1 TB

Hmm, pie.

499€ for the normal model; 449€ for the all digital model. Though I could also see Sony subsidizing the all digital model on purpose since they get higher margins from games that way, dropping its price to 399€ instead

Standard: $550
All-Digital: $400

Having a $100 difference between the 2 models will make the digital PS5 look better in the market which will be better for Sony. A $50 difference does not have that big difference. Sort of like how Phones these days have the stadard model and the Plus model.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
victor83fernandes said:
Shiken said:

Physical: $499

Digital: $399

you must be dreaming if you believe the ps5 will be 399, that ssd alone is worth at least 150 dollars.

In reality, there are 12 low-cost chips that make almost the entirety of the ssd (at 5.5GB/s, this is way below the "doable" transfer rate with fast, hot chips). The real cost is in the custom controler but that goes under R&D as it sits inside the SoC. So I'd guess around $40-$45 for the 768GB ssd.

My guess would be $50 off for the no-disc version, so either 499/449, or 549/499 if they don't want to lose money on hardware.

It's just a placeholder, but...

https://wccftech.com/one-retailer-may-have-just-confirmed-playstation-5-launch-price/

The retailer is Play-Asia, for those interested, and they seem to have removed the price tag since the article.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Jranation said:
Having a $100 difference between the 2 models will make the digital PS5 look better in the market which will be better for Sony. A $50 difference does not have that big difference. Sort of like how Phones these days have the stadard model and the Plus model.

I think it is even possible to have

discless 825gb (or 412) for 399, disc standard PS5 499 and 1,6 Tb PS5 at 599. So they have a model they take heavy loss upfront and make up on SW, a standard model that they break even or small loss and the premium model where they profit on the HW but expect little sale.

That way they can have a cheap entry model that would twart Series S, a Premium model for anyone willing and the main model would have great anchor as the middle ground.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."