By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last of Us Part II - Review Thread (MC: 93 / OC: 93)

Tagged games:

John2290 said:
Replicant said:

Currently over 1000 user scores giving the game 0/10.

Gotta love fanboys

They should wipe them all, the only games I've ever given a zero to are Bravo team because it was broken and unplayable for me, I couldn't progress past 15 minutes because it was glitched and Warcraft 3: reorged because I didn't buy it but it ruined the original game I owned on steam along once I tried to play it. And again, these reviews are based on what? at the very most 9 hours of play? but likely less since the game is so terrible they are hardly playing that legth... oh wait, they didn't purchase the game.

One troll reviewer gave 0 to this game but 10 to Minecraft dungeons. Another one 0 to this game but 10 to Bleeding Edge.

Around the Network

100/100 from Gaming Age

""With an enthralling story, complex characters, interesting gameplay and gorgeous visuals and audio, The Last of Us Part II is probably one of the most polished videogame experiences out there and it’s pretty easy to give it a great score and call it a day. But honestly, thanks to the intense pace, mature subject matter and stressful situations, it may not be for everyone. I definitely could not marathon through it for more than a couple hours without breaks and/or switching it up with lighter fare, which along with the unexpected length, delayed this review a bit. Most may see that as a net positive, although after 20+ hours I started to wonder when some sort of resolution was finally coming. Of course, in the end, it was indeed all worth it. Being a strictly single player experience, beyond cleaning up some Trophies, taking photos, seeking out collectibles and re-visiting chapters at more difficult settings, there’s not a ton to do after the credits roll. That’s more of an observation than a criticism though.

So do we recommend The Last of Us Part II? Most definitely! It’s yet another top tier, must-have release from Naughty Dog and Sony Interactive Entertainment that PS4 owners should add to their library.""

https://gaming-age.com/2020/06/the-last-of-us-part-ii-review-for-ps4/

100/100 from 'The Sydney Morning Herald'

Brutal and beautiful, The Last of Us sequel is a harrowing masterpiece

""This is a singular game that blends cutting edge technology and silky big-budget design with stellar cinematic and literary storytelling. Of course the story can't strictly compare to most accomplished films or books, just like the gameplay might not satisfy fans of pure fantastical shooters, but the end result is nonetheless breathtaking.

I cried reading a random note left by a mother trying to raise her child in a most dangerous place, as well as during a particularly happy scene with Joel during Ellie's birthday, and unlike most video games some the biggest narrative moments are when the characters don't say a word. This is a game that really does look for the light, even if it spends most of its time examining the darkness.""

https://www.smh.com.au/technology/video-games/brutal-and-beautiful-the-last-of-us-sequel-is-a-harrowing-masterpiece-20200619-p5545x.html

Buy this Masterpiece, games like this are only released every 100 years. It's out now.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

John2290 said:
kazuyamishima said:

One troll reviewer gave 0 to this game but 10 to Minecraft dungeons. Another one 0 to this game but 10 to Bleeding Edge.

Yeah, gotta remember that it's kids and people insecure about their console choice that make up the bulk of these review bombings on big titles like this. 

Do not know about that,lots seem to just be very passionate about the franchise as i did see many mention the first game and go in depth how this one does not compare to it.

But if they want people to read their review they should give it a more realistic score imo,also goes for some of the 10/10 s ofcourse.

The Game is out, play it and stop talking nonsense.

This is a very nice, honest, expert and serious guy from Italy, very well known in Italy for his integrity, professionalism and passion for video games. He gave 6/6 (Masterpiece) to The Last of Us Part II, calling it in his opinion the best game of this generation. He said that this is the best only possible sequel that The Last of Us could ever had, better than the original in every way, from graphics, gameplay mechanics, Story, Story telling, everything is mindblowing.

If you want I can translate the Review for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDtu9eqAm58

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

BraLoD said:
With the last 2 perfect scores TLoU2 became the first Sony game to ever reach 50 perfect scores on MC.
Still did not get back to 96, tho.

Yep, and very well deserved !   

Harriet Tubman.

Around the Network

Have to say that this is the first time i'm seeing such an agressive reviewbombing.

Spoiler!
You know how upset people got over the red wedding from the song of ice and fire series,the story of this game will give certain players the same kind of anger but if such a moment gives no payback in the form of a satisfactory ending/solution then i understand some of the frustration.
Last edited by Immersiveunreality - on 19 June 2020

BraLoD said:
It's funny to think that 6/10 of the people posting scores on MC are people that only do it because they fear Sony, 3/10 that only do it because they love Sony, which sums 9/10 that people that never played it, and only 1/10 are people that actually played some of it right now.
Humans are really funny.

Trolls are everywhere, and this happen every Gen with every Masterpiece.  I think we shouldn't pay that much attention to it.  Let's just play the Masterpiece.

Harriet Tubman.

BraLoD said:
Immersiveunreality said:
Have to say that this is the first time i'm seeing such an agressive reviewbombing.

Well this may be the biggest exclusive game release ever.

Even as there are games that sell more, everyone and their mothers are talking about TLoU2 everywhere.

It's a big event for haters.

And the political build up left and right because of the leaks did not do any good either,will give you some people thinking the game is a gift from god and others thinking it is pure hellspawn. Extreme dualism and no inbetweens allowed ! :p

Immersiveunreality said:
BraLoD said:

Well this may be the biggest exclusive game release ever.

Even as there are games that sell more, everyone and their mothers are talking about TLoU2 everywhere.

It's a big event for haters.

And the political build up left and right because of the leaks did not do any good either,will give you some people thinking the game is a gift from god and others thinking it is pure hellspawn. Extreme dualism and no inbetweens allowed ! :p

Why you don't play the Game and leave for a second all this nonsense ? I'm just curious.

Harriet Tubman.

BraLoD said:
It's funny to think that 6/10 of the people posting scores on MC are people that only do it because they fear Sony, 3/10 that only do it because they love Sony, which sums 9/10 that people that never played it, and only 1/10 are people that actually played some of it right now.
Humans are really funny.

Reminds me of the Warcraft Reforged User Reviews. Majority of them haven't even played the game, but gave 0/10s because of the China incident.