By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last of Us Part II - Review Thread (MC: 93 / OC: 93)

Tagged games:

Is this the discussion thread? Haven't been on here much, but still gaming it up. Been playing TLoU Part 2 since it launched approximately 63 minutes ago, and I have literally been inching my way through the intro sequence as I admire all of the detail in the environment. I hope the whole game is this detailed. Also, anyway to disable or lower film grain? I can do it in the photo mode, but I don't see an option in the menus.

Edit: Btw, going so slowly through the intro sequence is making me notice how much design is put into the audio. The music loop in the background is constantly evolving as I go through this intro. Can't think of the word to describe how it makes the game feel... epic, emotional, massive. Breathtaking.

Edit 2: Probably multiple lifetimes worth of man-hours (or woman-hours) put into this game. Enjoy, fellow VGChartians.

Last edited by RaptorChrist - on 19 June 2020

Around the Network

I can see the big queues! I think it will sell out quickly in some stores.
The game / gameplay / story / animations / graphics /atmosphere is impressive, it looks so beautiful! My respect to the developers for investing so much attention to detail and money in the game!

The user score is enabled at MC for the game

The 5hit Show is about to start!!

Edit: Already started!!

Last edited by kazuyamishima - on 19 June 2020

Wow damn that is a big division between critic and user reviews on metacritic,both kinda suck but on another extreme :p

There is a possibility that scores will be taken out.

And yes around 200 negative reviews already got deleted when i refreshed the page,i'm going to watch a playthrough to form my own opinion.

Around the Network
Immersiveunreality said:

And yes around 200 negative reviews already got deleted when i refreshed the page,i'm going to watch a playthrough to form my own opinion.

Currently over 1000 user scores giving the game 0/10.

Gotta love fanboys

Played it for around 3 hours last night. I recommend disabling motion blur so you can actually see how pretty the game is. So far I'm enjoying it, not as much as the first so far but still very good.
I've seen some odd animation errors so far like Ellie's hand clipping through her gloves as she puts them on and horses not looking quite right sometimes when running.

Extremely many Nintendo and Xbox fanboys rate the game with 1/10 stars because it is exclusive to PS4. That's insane. And many stupid spoilers, by this people. That was already the case with Uncharted 4 and Death Stranding. So be careful and don't read any user-ratings-comments. Its really sad for the Gaming-Industry.

The Last of Us 2, it offers a unique experience. Maybe my favorite Game in this Generation, lets see.. :) The quality is very strong!!! have fun guys =)

⚠️ WARNED: Trolling ~ CGI

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 20 June 2020

John2290 said:
Immersiveunreality said:

As they should be, those are troll reviews, you can't have played enough of a 30 hour game within a 24 period and no game deserves a zero unless it's wildly broken or falsely advertises. MC should put a 24-48 hour lock on user reviews but that wouldn't stop the bulk of trolls.

@op Havn't played it yet but I will soon enough today and give my opinion after a few hours of it.

Currently watching a playthrough of it ,looks stunning.

Oh did just see a female that would totally kick my ass,looks like an olympic level bodybuilder so i guess that is Abby. :P

Last edited by Immersiveunreality - on 19 June 2020

Replicant said:
Immersiveunreality said:

Currently over 1000 user scores giving the game 0/10.

Gotta love fanboys

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."