By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last of Us Part II - Review Thread (MC: 93 / OC: 93)

Tagged games:

Metacritic still have it at 96 with 91 reviews.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
EnricoPallazzo said:

For your second question, I already answered above. I dont need to prove to you how much I love the first game, if you dont believe it after what I said, so be it.

As for the "perfectly" im sorry I forgot that people here aver VERY attached to 100% accuracy of meaning on words. Of course its not perfect, there are other stuff I dont like and it is mentioned.

His low score though was because of the tone, the story, the plot holes, how the last 10 hours of the game are thrown away in the ending and etc. Which matches what I think. 

I wont go further because I dont want to spoil anything neither make people fell tempted to check leaks. I hope everybody enjoys the game, im just curious for their reactions and opinions, including ND blatlantly lying in the traillers.

In TLOU1 you pass the whole game trying to get Ellie to the lab to discover the cure for the disease, but end up killing the doctors and running with her. I guess that throws out everything you done on the game as well right?

Well when you get there you realise it was all a lie, they were going to kill her, kill you, and it was a hospital in total shambles and definitely no cure would come from there as the fireflies were just a bunch of incompetent crazies, so I guess not. Its not like when you got there you said "know what, changed my mind, lets have a beer and go back home"

DonFerrari said:

95 with 92 reviews. Seems Sony ran out of spare cash towards the end. Must be expensive to have an immensely popular gaming event with all the marketing costs to consider AND to bribe close to all of the journalists in one single week.

No spoilers please. If you don't like the game just leave it as it is no-one here cares that you 'watched' the game on YouTube.

EnricoPallazzo said:
DonFerrari said:

In TLOU1 you pass the whole game trying to get Ellie to the lab to discover the cure for the disease, but end up killing the doctors and running with her. I guess that throws out everything you done on the game as well right?

Well when you get there you realise it was all a lie, they were going to kill her, kill you, and it was a hospital in total shambles and definitely no cure would come from there as the fireflies were just a bunch of incompetent crazies, so I guess not. Its not like when you got there you said "know what, changed my mind, lets have a beer and go back home"

And since you saw the ending of the second one without seeing the rest you are sure it isn't something well build that comes to similar conclusion? No, it must be SJW destroyed the game.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Around the Network
Mordred11 said:
DonFerrari said:

95 with 92 reviews. Seems Sony ran out of spare cash towards the end. Must be expensive to have an immensely popular gaming event with all the marketing costs to consider AND to bribe close to all of the journalists in one single week.

We have to thank those 4 reviewers that didn't sell out to Sony.

DonFerrari said:
EnricoPallazzo said:

And since you saw the ending of the second one without seeing the rest you are sure it isn't something well build that comes to similar conclusion? No, it must be SJW destroyed the game.

Dude, dont push it. I already said I saw hours and hours of gameplay and cutscenes and dialogue, the list of chapters and their names, I know the sequence of events, characters that does not appear in the trailers, how dies, who lives and when, what ND is lying on the traillers, etc and etc.

As for the SJW stuff that's a discussion for another place as a woke forum will be the worst place in the world to discuss it as I already learned.

But if you guys think I dont like the game because I'm not a real fan (as implied previously), because I'm not liberal (implied previously), because I have seen the ending (not going there again), because I need to play it all to the end to decide if I like it or whatever, ok.

As for any mod that comes here, I'm sorry but my initial statement was only "I'm really interested to see peoples reactions" and that "I think there is something wrong with so many reviews giving it a 10" and have only been explaining for all the people asking why I have this opinion.

For people that will buy the game, go for it, it's a masterpiece from a technical point of view and try to go blind without watching any review or even reading it.

I'm outta here.

EnricoPallazzo said:
DonFerrari said:

Dude, dont push it. I already said I saw hours and hours of gameplay and cutscenes and dialogue, the list of chapters and their names, I know the sequence of events, characters that does not appear in the trailers, how dies, who lives and when, what ND is lying on the traillers, etc and etc.

As for the SJW stuff that's a discussion for another place as a woke forum will be the worst place in the world to discuss it as I already learned.

But if you guys think I dont like the game because I'm not a real fan (as implied previously), because I'm not liberal (implied previously), because I have seen the ending (not going there again), because I need to play it all to the end to decide if I like it or whatever, ok.

As for any mod that comes here, I'm sorry but my initial statement was only "I'm really interested to see peoples reactions" and that "I think there is something wrong with so many reviews giving it a 10" and have only been explaining for all the people asking why I have this opinion.

For people that will buy the game, go for it, it's a masterpiece from a technical point of view and try to go blind without watching any review or even reading it.

I'm outta here.

I'm very against woke mentality and SJW in general. And pointed to you that this "agenda" was already in the making of TLOU, Left Behind, UC4, Lost Legacy and now TLOU2. In the other 4 games it didn't impact my pleasure playing at all so I'll wait to judge TLOU2 playing it, because it is quite different see and play. And not getting the full picture is one of the reasons Spoilers can be so damaging. But feel free to call ND liers, as you were free to say reviewers are all bought, afraid of the corporations, etc. Still we got like 10% of under 90 reviews even when you said no one would be allowed to give one.

User was warned for this comment - Hiku

Last edited by Hiku - on 18 June 2020

Bonzinga said:
Blood_Tears said:
Half Life will definitely win best VR game and it should be in the game of the year conversation. However, to be honest the panel of judges usually don't show a lot of love to PC exclusives let alone VR ones. Disco Elysium did well last year but not well enough to beat Sekiro.
Geoff doesn't show a lot of love to PC games and usually shows the most love to console games. The panel of judges for VGA's are people like Greg Miller and the like. I really can't see Half Life taking game of the year. Cyberpunk is really the only top contender left for this.

I wont deny that TLOU2 will be a definite contender for the GOTY, i was just alittle confused as to why a game sitting on a 93 isnt a chance. I mean TLOU won GOTY over GTA5 which outscored it which is my point.

Greg Miller is also bias towards Play Station so it wouldnt suprise me of his decisions either. Half Life Alyx will most likely get sub-catagoried which wouldnt be justifiable for such a talented game, it also shows we shouldnt take GOTY awards to seriously.

Cyberpunk will definity be in the talks, also we have Halo Infinite which is looking promising aswell. 

Also, with the recent delay of Cyberpunk to Nov 19th it may not make the cut off date for judges to submit their results in time for the VGA's. That's why Jedi Fallen Order (Nov 15th release 2019) and Smash Bros the year before didn't make the GoTY noms. If they follow the same trend as earlier years that will move Cyberpunk out till next year and leave TLoU2 and Half Life with possible others of Halo,  maybe FF7R?  

DonFerrari said:
EnricoPallazzo said:

I'm outta here.

I'm very against woke mentality and SJW in general. And pointed to you that this "agenda" was already in the making of TLOU, Left Behind, UC4, Lost Legacy and now TLOU2. In the other 4 games it didn't impact my pleasure playing at all so I'll wait to judge TLOU2 playing it, because it is quite different see and play. And not getting the full picture is one of the reasons Spoilers can be so damaging. But feel free to call ND liers, as you were free to say reviewers are all bought, afraid of the corporations, etc. Still we got like 10% of under 90 reviews even when you said no one would be allowed to give one.

No it wasent. With TLOU nothing was forced in any way. It dint even come into the main story so it afected nothing. Then in the Left Behind dlc it was done elegantly, not shoe horned or anything. You could have gone throw the entire DLC without expecting it untill the very end. Where that became an issue was with uncharted 4. It felt very force to a point that it broke realism and immersion. Comon man she took down 2 guys down on her own that just finished wiping out a small army. I will give you that aside from thouse forced moments the game was awsome and very enjoyable. 

And im not gona go into spoilers, but even with only thouse scenes available I can tell, that everything I enjoyed about the first game was taken away. Not just in SJW nonsese, but also a very crappy and completely unbelievable story.  

User was banned for this comment - Hiku

Last edited by Hiku - on 18 June 2020

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.