Forums - Gaming Discussion - [RUMOR] According to Xbox fan Microsoft will rebrand Xbox Series X to " SEGA Series X " in JAPAN, EDIT: Sega announcing " Arcade cloud " Cloud gaming for Arcade store

Tagged games:

What do you think " if " this is tru

Unexpected 15 38.46%

I always do love Sega more than Xbox 11 28.21%

I hate it , i want Xbox name keep as it is 4 10.26%

Some fans don't have loyalty at all 1 2.56%

I love Sega and Xbox equally 7 17.95%

Actually i love Xbox beca... 1 2.56%

Total:39
shikamaru317 said:

It’s Game Gear mini. No, I’m not making that up: 

https://twitter.com/gematsucom/status/1267986506074992641?s=21

This may be the worst idea for a Mini console ever. Small is bad on a handheld, makes the screen too small to see. I can’t believe this is what was hyped up for the 60th anniversary, what a colossal letdown. Excuse me while I go cry in a corner 😭 

When I said a handheld that´s not exactly what I had in mind..

Around the Network

Yes this is real and I want it

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Update to the VGChartz article:

Sega Announces Game Gear Micro [Update] 

Sega has officially unveiled the Game Gear Mini. There are four color variations and each one includes four different games. It will launch in Japan on October 6th, the 30th anniversary of the release of the original handheld, with a price of 4,980 yen (~$46 USD)

The size of the Game Gear Mini is 80 mm wide x 43 mm high x 20 mm deep, which is less than 40 percent the size of the original Game Gear. The screen is about one inch in size. 

Franchises with games included in the Game Gear Mini includes Sonic, Puyo Puyotsu, Shining Force, and Megami Tensei.

View the announcement trailer below:

Here are the list of games included in each color variant:

Black

• Out Run
  • Puyo Puyo Tsu
  • Royal Stone
  • Sonic the Hedgehog

Blue

• Baku Baku Animal: Sekai Shiikugakari Senshuken
  • Gunstar Heroes
  • Sonic & Tails
  • Sylvan Tale

Yellow

• Nazo Puyo: Arle no Roux
  • Shining Force
  • Shining Force II
  • Shining Force: Final Conflict

Red

• Columns
  • The G.G. Shinobi
  • Megami Tensei Gaiden: Last Bible
  • Megami Tensei Gaiden: Last Bible Special

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

More details on the mini. 4 colors, 4 different games per color. Each color costs about $46 in yen, buy all 4 colors and you get a magnifying glass accessory to help see the tiny screen 🤣

shikamaru317 said:
More details on the mini. 4 colors, 4 different games per color. Each color costs about $46 in yen, buy all 4 colors and you get a magnifying glass accessory to help see the tiny screen 🤣

So nearly $200 for 16 games from the early 90's played on a tiny screen. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network

Seems this may be separate from the announce the journalist teased. Ahead of his article tomorrow, a new Sega touchscreen controller patent has surfaced. New handheld possibly?

shikamaru317 said:
Seems this may be separate from the announce the journalist teased. Ahead of his article tomorrow, a new Sega touchscreen controller patent has surfaced. New handheld possibly?

I really hope you are right. 

lol Wow, well this thread aged well. All that fud about MS buying Sega or partnerships and sales potential goes to Game Gear and Fog Arcades.

Hard pass on the Micro. 1in screen makes that thing a joke. I'm over here wishing the screens on my 3DS and Vita were bigger, not smaller.

4 ≈ One

Sad but told you so. They've been out of touch for so many years.