By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - [RUMOR] According to Xbox fan Microsoft will rebrand Xbox Series X to " SEGA Series X " in JAPAN, EDIT: Sega announcing " Arcade cloud " Cloud gaming for Arcade store

Tagged games:

What do you think " if " this is tru

Unexpected 15 38.46%

I always do love Sega more than Xbox 11 28.21%

I hate it , i want Xbox name keep as it is 4 10.26%

Some fans don't have loyalty at all 1 2.56%

I love Sega and Xbox equally 7 17.95%

Actually i love Xbox beca... 1 2.56%

Total:39
Xxain said:

To answer your question first. I have no fucking idea 

XBX thing does not check everybox. What would the industry be riled up that SEGA and MS will be teaming for the release in Japan? I highly doubt Nintendo or SONY care. I love SEGA but they do NOT have the brand power to stand up to both SONY AND Nintendo (especially Nintendo). Outside of fans that don't want to buy a MS console to play SEGA games (assuming they are exclusive)... who else in the industry will be riled? Why would anybody else care? Again why is he calling this revolutionary tech? why would he interview SEGA about tech announced and revealed 6 months ago? the idea of SEGA being behind a console (theirs or not) is NOT revolutionary.

My personal guess is that SEGA has some hot tech that they are totally banking on to be huge, not just a new console type tech, but something fresh and new SEGA box would be dope, but it just does align with info 

Bold: Fans, fanboys, and people generally investing their time and bias in gaming and the industry. If true it would rule up the gamers in the industry.

Sega fans would be happy that Sega isn’t just making games anymore that they have some stake in consoles again. And if their Ips go exclusive to Xbox in any way. Valkarie, Persona, Yakuza, Sonic...fans from all 3 console factions would loose their crap. The gaming internet will be a shitstorm of excitement, happiness, trolling, and overall salt. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
sales2099 said:

Bold: Fans, fanboys, and people generally investing their time and bias in gaming and the industry. If true it would rule up the gamers in the industry.

Sega fans would be happy that Sega isn’t just making games anymore that they have some stake in consoles again. And if their Ips go exclusive to Xbox in any way. Valkarie, Persona, Yakuza, Sonic...fans from all 3 console factions would loose their crap. The gaming internet will be a shitstorm of excitement, happiness, trolling, and overall salt. 

I don't think that when some journalist says that the news will "rile up the industry" he means some internet console war bullshit like the bolded part assumes

derpysquirtle64 said:
sales2099 said:

I don't think that when some journalist says that the news will "rile up the industry" he means some internet console war bullshit like the bolded part assumes

Ok I’ll do it your way. The idea of a big 3rd party developer going exclusive coupled with any exclusive console manufacturer partnership would rile up the industry too. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
derpysquirtle64 said:

Ok I’ll do it your way. The idea of a big 3rd party developer going exclusive coupled with any exclusive console manufacturer partnership would rile up the industry too. 

What does it have to do with the tech then?

SEGA's new eyetracking tech could be it it would explain SEGA's new logo... the eyeball with a SEGA logo in it.

Around the Network
derpysquirtle64 said:
sales2099 said:

I know, no theory checks all the boxes. 

sales2099 said:
derpysquirtle64 said:

The right one does.

Xxain said:
sales2099 said:

The right one does.

Except nobody knows. I don’t think their eye tracing tech is really gonna “shake things up” 

sales2099 said:
Xxain said:

The right one does.

Except nobody knows. I don’t think their eye tracing tech is really gonna “shake things up” 

If It has something to do Virtual headseats and SEGA believes they created something that has envolved that tech then It could be. Virtual Reality is still very new and no one has done anything that exceeds expectations .. Maybe SEGA has? 

I think some people seem to be confusing this as MS buying Sega when in fact it's basically just MS using Sega's name instead of Xbox's name in Japan, Sega would still be multiplatform (PS4, Switch, PC, Xbox and whatever else).