By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Playstation Event on June 4, "Playstation 5 official game reveal" , EDIT Official Sony confirmed it will be June 4

Around the Network

Give me that Horizon 2 footage!

Lafiel said:

I hope "June 3rd" doesn't mean "June 4th 3am" in europe if this date is accurate.

99% chance that it will be the case for Australia as everything is centred around NA and Europe. 

I'm glad Sony is emphasizing gameplay over trailers. We'll probably get a few teasers but hopefully we get a glimpse of what the SSD can do for game design.

Looking at the timeline, size of teams, I think we can expect: 2x titles from Japan Studio (3 team studio, IIRC), Polyphony, Guerrilla Games and Insomniac (probably the most efficient SIE studio at the moment), to all have launch titles ready. Then we got Sony's second party (Bluepoint, Housemarque, Ready At Dawn, Arrowhead) and the possibility of a few acquisitions. Finally, we got the big third party reveals.

Sony hasn't had a major showcase in years. They haven't announced a new title since 2017. I'm expecting a beefy showcase but I could be setting myself up for disappointment lol.

Edit: By launch titles I mean the first year in general. 

Bristow9091 said:
PotentHerbs said:
I'm glad Sony is emphasizing gameplay over trailers. We'll probably get a few teasers but hopefully we get a glimpse of what the SSD can do for game design.

Looking at the timeline, size of teams, I think we can expect: 2x titles from Japan Studio (3 team studio, IIRC), Polyphony, Guerrilla Games and Insomniac (probably the most efficient SIE studio at the moment), to all have launch titles ready. Then we got Sony's second party (Bluepoint, Housemarque, Ready At Dawn, Arrowhead) and the possibility of a few acquisitions. Finally, we got the big third party reveals.

Sony hasn't had a major showcase in years. They haven't announced a new title since 2017. I'm expecting a beefy showcase but I could be setting myself up for disappointment lol.

Oh yeah, just do what I do... expect them to show almost nothing but a few logos and maybe we'll actually see the PS5 itself, and you'll be fine :P

I can't help myself lol. I'm boarding that hype train!

Around the Network

Really hoping for a Ratchet and Clank and of course Horizon like everyone else! That rumored Resident Evil 4 remake would be awesome as well.

Let's see if they are able to sell a PS5 to me.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Let's see if they are able to sell a PS5 to me.

If it depends on the price of the hardware, you will have to wait a little more.
If it depends on the console design and the games, you will get your answer.

zumnupy10 said:
Please, show us Horizon 2 in full next gen glory.
PotentHerbs said:
Give me that Horizon 2 footage!

Better be prepared. ;)

rapsuperstar31 said:
Really hoping for a Ratchet and Clank and of course Horizon like everyone else! That rumored Resident Evil 4 remake would be awesome as well.

Unfortunately no Ratchet & Clank, however there will be an other popular PS1 mascot at that event.

Edit: Well sorry, I was wrong. It seems like they will indeed reveal the new Ratchet & Clank game at that event.

Last edited by Truthstation - on 02 June 2020