By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft "not interested in take two"

Source: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=187221

Microsoft not interested in Take-Two

"Especially at their prices," says Microsoft Game Studios man Shane Kim

Microsoft Game Studios corporate VP Shane Kim has said that the platform holder wouldn't follow EA's lead, and make an offer for GTA publisher Take-Two.

Kim said Microsoft is unlikely to take on EA's seemingly unsuccessful $2 billion bid for Take-Two, because MS 'doesn't have any past relationship' with the publisher - and the price isn't too pretty either.

The Xbox man also said that MS wouldn't have taken on EA's $860m purchase of BioWare/Pandemic, for the same reasons as above.

"We have a tremendous amount of respect for our friends at BioWare and truly enjoyed our publishing relationship with that studio," Kim told Game Daily. "However, we didn't have any relationship or past experience working with Pandemic or Take-Two, so that is a major hurdle for us to overcome, especially at their prices.

"Without discussing the relative merits of each of those situations, I'll just say that we're not motivated by the actions of others and instead try to focus on the best places for us to invest our financial and human capital," he continued. "There's an awful lot you can do with $3 billion!"

EA's $2 Billion offer to Take-Two's shareholders expires today, seemingly leaving them with the option of upping their price, or leaving the GTA house for someone else to buy.

Around the Network

They should've asked them about just Rockstar and see if their answer would change then.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

There is no need for microsoft to spend all this cash on Take 2 and Bioware. These studios are already pretty much in their corner.

If they paid some money for Konami tho...and MGS4 came out for the 360...I wouldn't have to spend 400 bucks to play one damn game.

disolitude said:
There is no need for microsoft to spend all this cash on Take 2 and Bioware. These studios are already pretty much in their corner.

If they paid some money for Konami tho...and MGS4 came out for the 360...I wouldn't have to spend 400 bucks to play one damn game.

Bioware is owned by EA now, so their games will likely be multiplatform in the future. T2 will soon be owned by EA as well

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Sorry, but was Microsoft even rumoured to be interested, or are they just commenting on someone else's deal?

Around the Network

disolitude, i make the same thought...

wish someday in the future KONAMI give us MGS4 (but MS have to pay)...

ckmlb said:
disolitude said:

Bioware is owned by EA now, so their games will likely be multiplatform in the future. T2 will soon be owned by EA as well

And who do you think EA has closer relationship woth MS or Sony? Especially after the Peter Moore/Don Mattrick executive swap... Why would microsoft spend money when EA will surely give them anything they give to PS3 and then some.

Microsoft is better off investing money in biofuel...as gas prices are rediculous... :)

Good point disolute I forgot about that, I call hax and consipracy!

Wow that would explain why the EA machine has been on sush a sweep. Quite a dirty microsoft tactic in deed!

Keep up the work! Too bad it's EA.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

"The Xbox man also said that MS wouldn't have taken on EA's $860m purchase of BioWare/Pandemic, for the same reasons as above."

Well, I guess if microsoft didn't want several already established franchises that would actually make them money... okay then.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Don't forget these game studios often rely heavily on a few important people, so paying a lot of money for certain studios is a risky business when those people can walk out of there any time they want to start up their own independent studio.