By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - EGS just uninstalled my ENTIRE LIBRARY without asking!

Bandorr said:
Googling it I see several people talking about the games being uninstalled. Others disagree.
Wondering if you install them outside the "norm" if they stay.

But let's be clear - YOU deleted them. You removed the launcher which removed the games.
A better title is "accidentally deleted games library uninstalling and reinstalling epic launcher"

How many of those are you actually playing? I wouldn't worry about how long it takes to reinstall a game you aren't playing right now.

Curious if "reinstalling" the launcher caused it to overwrite the founder where the games were installed..

nonsense if i delete a laucher i wouldn't expect the games related also to be removed, expecially if the launcher isn't working it usually is a very solid fix to reinstall.

OP has no blame unless he ignored the warning this also will uninstall all games, which im quite sure the EGS doesn't do

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

Uninstalling a client should never uninstall every single game from your PC. I've never had that happen to me before, I don't know why some people would think it'll happen now.

I'm not sure why you'd want to use EGS OP, but I would probably just check your file folders to be sure the games are still there. If not, download them again.

Honestly, EGS has enough bugs and issues that it shouldn't even be considered something worth wading through, to get something for free.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

sethnintendo said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

I don't have a folder called ProgramData in my C Drive. It's the only drive I have too.

Edit: Nevermind it was hidden by Windows' default settings.

Edit: Nope. There's nothing in manifests. Just a pending folder.

Yea some reason windows 10 hides certain folders.  I was trying to find old Bitcoin core program that was taking up space on my computer and I could not just use explorer to find it through clicking on folders to find correct path.  I had to manually type the dang file path into the top and then boom what you know the folder just pops up then but there was no way to get to it by just clicking on folders.

Dude Windows always did that. Even back on Windows 98 and probably 95 too even though my memory of it isn't as fresh.

You can make them appear without hassle. Open the explorer, click on the view tab, then on the options button and under the view tab you can select "Show hidden files, folders and drives"

It's one of the first things I do whenever I get a new PC or install Windows.

Barozi said:
sethnintendo said:

Yea some reason windows 10 hides certain folders.  I was trying to find old Bitcoin core program that was taking up space on my computer and I could not just use explorer to find it through clicking on folders to find correct path.  I had to manually type the dang file path into the top and then boom what you know the folder just pops up then but there was no way to get to it by just clicking on folders.

Dude Windows always did that. Even back on Windows 98 and probably 95 too even though my memory of it isn't as fresh.

You can make them appear without hassle. Open the explorer, click on the view tab, then on the options button and under the view tab you can select "Show hidden files, folders and drives"

It's one of the first things I do whenever I get a new PC or install Windows.

Ah yeah I understand Microsoft hiding some of their own windows files from explorer since forever but I never ran into a third party program hiding its files from me except perhaps a virus. 

What happened in my case was that I deleted the Bitcoin folder thinking I got rid of everything but Bitcoin core apparently stores all the block chain data in a hidden file somewhere else. I had to tract down that folder by typing in path to get rid of a huge file.  I think I even hit a snag trying to type path in and still not showing up but eventually I got there.  The Bitcoin folder that I initially deleted barely took up any space it was the block chain data that was killing my space.

I'll take your advice though and change the settings.

Last edited by sethnintendo - on 22 May 2020

Cerebralbore101 said:
SpokenTruth said:

I don't think they are just saved as their name.  Again, check my link. 

I don't have a folder called ProgramData in my C Drive. It's the only drive I have too.

Edit: Nevermind it was hidden by Windows' default settings.

Edit: Nope. There's nothing in manifests. Just a pending folder.

If it would "take weeks" to reload all the games, the install dir for the EGS games should use a big chunk of your HDD.

So even if you don't know where you install them, it should be very easy to find out that folder (if the game installs are still there).

Just use the free software "Treesize Free" in admin mode (then it also scans hidden folders or even locked folders like "WindowsApps").

https://www.jam-software.com/treesize_free

Last edited by Conina - on 22 May 2020

Around the Network

I remember using some 3rd party unstalling tool to unistall steam, which deleted like about 1tb of games with it, good times.

That's not a very nice bug. I hope they fix that before I upgrade my system.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.