By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - VGChartz Gap Charts April 2020 Discussion Thread

As switch is even a little bit ahead of PS4 in US at this time I don't know what was the point in this xb1 vs switch chart ..
as I suggested the switch vs 360 in US would make a lot more sense, and switch vs 360 or ps3 in europe too.
PS4 vs DS in europe too. they are very close now ..

Around the Network
yo33331 said:
As switch is even a little bit ahead of PS4 in US at this time I don't know what was the point in this xb1 vs switch chart ..

The point is that it's interesting to watch the gap close and see how long it takes for Switch to overtake.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:
yo33331 said:

The point is that it's interesting to watch the gap close and see how long it takes for Switch to overtake.

It's really not. The comparison isn't launch-aligned precisely for the reason that it wouldn't be interesting at all otherwise.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

RolStoppable said:
curl-6 said:

It's really not. The comparison isn't launch-aligned precisely for the reason that it wouldn't be interesting at all otherwise.

I realize that, but I still want to see how long it takes.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

okay, let the chart be, but just why don't first the most interesting and close charts are out and after this the other ..
there is not even a chart like ds vs ps4 europe or switch vs ps3 or 360 in europe which would be way more interesting than this one ... of course these are just examples, it may have other interesting charts, but even for US specially if you want switch vs another console in US than PS4, okay, wii is very strong there, 360 too, or even DS, those are console that would be many times more interesting to watch than the every region weak xbox one ..
you put the one very successful console like switch vs some console that even in US is just OK, nothing more - xbox one, when there can be much more interesting sales battles.

Around the Network
yo33331 said:
okay, let the chart be, but just why don't first the most interesting and close charts are out and after this the other ..
there is not even a chart like ds vs ps4 europe or switch vs ps3 or 360 in europe which would be way more interesting than this one ... of course these are just examples, it may have other interesting charts, but even for US specially if you want switch vs another console in US than PS4, okay, wii is very strong there, 360 too, or even DS, those are console that would be many times more interesting to watch than the every region weak xbox one ..
you put the one very successful console like switch vs some console that even in US is just OK, nothing more - xbox one, when there can be much more interesting sales battles.

Just to get this in order for when I do May's Gap Charts as I just posted the last week of May sales:

• PS4 vs DS in Europe - PS4 is on the verge of passing DS in Europe - Less than 2 million atm. 
  • Switch vs PS3 in Europe - Switch is about 20 million behind lifetime sales
  • Switch vs 360 in Europe - Switch is about 11 million behind lt sales
  • Switch vs 360 in US - Switch is about 25 million behind lt sales
  • Switch vs DS in US - Switch is 33 million behind lt sales
  • Switch vs Wii in US - Switch is about 22 million lt sales

I'll need to see how it looks launch aligned for these. For the Switch vs X in US I'll probably just do Wii for now as it is the lowest selling of the three. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

trunkswd said:
yo33331 said:

Just to get this in order for when I do May's Gap Charts as I just posted the last week of May sales:

• PS4 vs DS in Europe - PS4 is on the verge of passing DS in Europe - Less than 2 million atm. 
  • Switch vs PS3 in Europe - Switch is about 20 million behind lifetime sales
  • Switch vs 360 in Europe - Switch is about 11 million behind lt sales
  • Switch vs 360 in US - Switch is about 25 million behind lt sales
  • Switch vs DS in US - Switch is 33 million behind lt sales
  • Switch vs Wii in US - Switch is about 22 million lt sales

I'll need to see how it looks launch aligned for these. For the Switch vs X in US I'll probably just do Wii for now as it is the lowest selling of the three. 

yes I know, it would be much more interesting battles than the one vs XB1 in US.

even with PS4 and ds, (according to the platforms total page here the difference is bigger - 7M) but it still would be interesting not only when will it pass it but what has been the chart until now,

with the others too, switch can follow closely 360 or PS3 in the europe sales as it can the wii or 360 (ds was just for reference because of the global vs DS chart)