By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Has Covid-19 changed your video game buying habits?

How have your video game buying habits changed?

Buying most everything online 0 0%

Buying digital only 2 10.00%

Mix of online/digital 1 5.00%

Stopped buying games 3 15.00%

Haven’t changed (alread... 14 70.00%

Total:20
mZuzek said:
Most of our income here is gone, so, for now, no new games.

I hope things get better for you and your people, mZuzek ^^

Around the Network

I haven't gotten any new physical copies of games since 2 PS4 games as Christmas presents and then Fire Emblem on Switch a few days after. Everything in 2020 has been digital. I don't see the point in ordering a physical copy of a game curbside or shipped to the house. I also am not going to worry about getting games directly from inside a store during this pandemic.
I haven't been buying anymore games than normal, but I'm certainly playing a lot more. Between the release of Animal Crossing and some games I'm playing on PS4, my gaming time has probably at least doubled during COVID-19.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

mZuzek said:
Vodacixi said:

I hope things get better for you and your people, mZuzek ^^

Thank you. We're actually doing pretty okay here at home, no real financial issues yet, but we can't really buy anything that isn't essential.

Brazil as a whole is a gigantic mess, though, and it only gets more laughable each day. Dollar closing in on R$6, it was R$4 not three months ago. So much for the right-wing racist idiot being the savior of our economy. Oh well.

Glad to hear day the day to day life is okay.

Yeah... For some reason many countries are run by complete idiots. Right-winged idiots to be exact. Maybe one day the people will learn that they shouldn't vote for the party that favours the rich if they barely get to the end of the month. Sigh...

Mostly my buying habits haven't changed because I had a huge backlog of games and I'm just playing those. I did buy Cuphead on sale though, because I came to the realization that I might not ever get a physical copy for the Switch.

Sorry to hear about people that have lost their jobs and income during all this. These are crazy times...

Around the Network

I'm living my life and gaming more or less like I always did. I already spent a lot of time at home playing games and watching tv shows and movies, so this business is well suited to my everyday life for the past 5-6 years. I do find myself buying more long-lasting video games though, knowing I'll want to spend more time with each title. Luckily, I still have my job and it's secure since we're considered essential and our other branch is closing down, meaning more clients for us and a more stable economy overall.

Lots of people aren't doing so well though, my heart goes out to each and every one of them.

Game Pass more then taking up my time. Just finished GTA5, moving on to LOTR Shadow of War

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

I bought a $12 game that I wouldn't have yet because I have been quarantined.

I bought Animal Crossing, and I almost certainly wouldn't have done it if it wasn't for COVID.

Last edited by Moren - on 08 May 2020