By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Q1 2020 Financial Results - Revenue up to $35B, 10M+ Gamepass Subscribers!

Great news to hear as a corporate whore for Microsoft xd.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network

Now if only they'd completely remove Windows store and go full on client, with no back end to Windows store, like a lazy mofo with a ton of money would do. Also mod support would be nice, as well as more gamepad options, supported in the same way Steam does, oh and a BPM too.

Last edited by Chazore - on 29 April 2020

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

A hardware revenue drop of 20% is basically a HW drop of 20% with the prices unchanged. Could be more or less depending on XB1X vs XB1. If more people are buying XB1X now I imagine the actual HW drop is more severe.

Gamepass subs are quite good, and going with a nice netflix strategy of cheap prices early will lure in many subscribers. After a few years, they can make bank by raising the monthly price.

Same problem on Steam I have with Gamepass. I cannot fully get into digital games on PC I don't own/ Recore was neat. I tried Ruiner, thought ti was cool but then spent the $50 to get it physical on PS4. I tried the $1 Game Pass and both times let it lapse. I tried but I can't invest myself knowing it's on loan.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

And the rich get richer.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
barneystinson69 said:

Does that standard you have apply to the other 2? 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
barneystinson69 said:

The way it is written it seems like he recognizes himself as a MS corporate whore.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Profit > Sales numbers.

DonFerrari said:
sales2099 said:

The way it is written it seems like he recognizes himself as a MS corporate whore.

Thx I wasn’t sure hence I was cautious. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Leynos said:
Same problem on Steam I have with Gamepass. I cannot fully get into digital games on PC I don't own/ Recore was neat. I tried Ruiner, thought ti was cool but then spent the $50 to get it physical on PS4. I tried the $1 Game Pass and both times let it lapse. I tried but I can't invest myself knowing it's on loan.

Phew, I'm glad that don't have this problem and that I'm much more pragmatic. I don't have any problem enjoying content with an expiry date (or content without a cheap plastic disc in a cheap plastic box).

If I lose access for a GamePass game in the future (either by canceling the sub or if it leaves GamePass), enough time has passed that I can buy my favorite Ex-GamePass games for scraps.

Sometimes I even get them for free to keep (f.e. Ruiner in the Epic Store).