By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Q1 2020 Financial Results - Revenue up to $35B, 10M+ Gamepass Subscribers!

sales2099 said:
EnricoPallazzo said:
90m live active users? Thats an interesting number. Does it mean we have 40m live users on pc and xbox360?
Also the 10m pass users shows that microsoft may never win a generation, but that doesnt mean they cant have a very profitable product with the xbox line.

I’d say most are from Xbox One, most carrying over from 360. For myself me and my wife each have our own gamertag for the one Xbox. I imagine that’s the major reason why the number is so high given the install base. That said I’m sure the PC number will only increase as PC Game Pass gets more popular. 

Let's say Xbox have around 50M HW sold, with an average 40M used routinely and those have 1,5 accounts per system on average, that would be 60M MAU and most of the active users. I think it makes sense to suppose most of those MAU is from One.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Farsala said:
sales2099 said:

I’d say most are from Xbox One, most carrying over from 360. For myself me and my wife each have our own gamertag for the one Xbox. I imagine that’s the major reason why the number is so high given the install base. That said I’m sure the PC number will only increase as PC Game Pass gets more popular. 

Doesn't the number also include minecraft xbox live logins? For example Switch, ios, and android? I think most comes from XB1, with minecraft a close second. 360 and PC probably aren't that high aside from minecraft.

Interesting....just booted up my ios Minecraft. While it gave the option to sign into my Xbox account I wasn’t forced to. I was able to play without doing that. I guess it depends if people have prior experience with Xbox because if they don’t I see little incentive to make one just for Minecraft. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
Farsala said:

Doesn't the number also include minecraft xbox live logins? For example Switch, ios, and android? I think most comes from XB1, with minecraft a close second. 360 and PC probably aren't that high aside from minecraft.

Interesting....just booted up my ios Minecraft. While it gave the option to sign into my Xbox account I wasn’t forced to. I was able to play without doing that. I guess it depends if people have prior experience with Xbox because if they don’t I see little incentive to make one just for Minecraft. 

I could be completely wrong, but I think the Switch only allows Microsoft account Xbox live sign ins. The game certainly keeps selling well week by week, and some of the mods / updates are quite quality.