By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Assassin's Creed Valhalla revealed, trailer, cross-gen release in 2020

StokedUp said:
How do you reckon they're going to make the vikings seem like the good guys here? Ya know the the invaders the people that pillaged, murdered innocent villages usually at night and then raped the women of their choosing? How are they going to make king Alfred look like a Antagonist for defending his country and people?

With the talk of going fully into RPG style gaming, I wouldn't be surprised to see them add in some good old "Paragon/Renegade" system. Give you the choice to be an absolute shitbag to people.

Around the Network
StokedUp said:
shikamaru317 said:

The trailer already gives you some idea of that. We hear Alfred saying that vikings murder and kill blindly during a scene of some vikings purposefully sparing a woman and child that cross their path. We hear Alfred talking about how bad they are, but see a scene of vikings playing with their children. 

So Ubisoft are basically going to go into this historically incorrect then and make up their own version of vikings lol.

Maybe they will have the monks raping the viking women instead. 

The Assassin's Creed games' core gameplay loop is killing people, matched with a story to justify countless murders. This franchise might not be too big on morals.

Depicting one side as heroes and the other as villains isn't really going against history. During that time pretty much everyone was an asshole. There were no good guys in the first place. Especially not the English.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Carl said:
StokedUp said:
How do you reckon they're going to make the vikings seem like the good guys here? Ya know the the invaders the people that pillaged, murdered innocent villages usually at night and then raped the women of their choosing? How are they going to make king Alfred look like a Antagonist for defending his country and people?

With the talk of going fully into RPG style gaming, I wouldn't be surprised to see them add in some good old "Paragon/Renegade" system. Give you the choice to be an absolute shitbag to people.

So you think you can switch sides to the English?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:

Worse, Christianity.

Carl said:
vivster said:

Worse, Christianity.

By Odin! That would be heinous.

Around the Network
vivster said:
StokedUp said:

So Ubisoft are basically going to go into this historically incorrect then and make up their own version of vikings lol.

Maybe they will have the monks raping the viking women instead. 

The Assassin's Creed games' core gameplay loop is killing people, matched with a story to justify countless murders. This franchise might not be too big on morals.

Depicting one side as heroes and the other as villains isn't really going against history. During that time pretty much everyone was an asshole. There were no good guys in the first place. Especially not the English.

“Especially” not the English? Not denying that everybody was an asshole. It was the dark ages. But at its core the English were defending their lands from a group of people literally looking for trouble.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
vivster said:

“Especially” not the English? Not denying that everybody was an asshole. It was the dark ages. But at its core the English were defending their lands from a group of people literally looking for trouble.

So? Assholes defending themselves doesn't make them any less of an asshole.

Glorifying Vikings isn't any different than glorifying assassins. I mean at one point the franchise even glorified their own villains, the Templars. So if anything framing the story around the Vikings is par for the course. It won't hurt their historical accuracy any more than usual.

vivster said:
sales2099 said:

So? Assholes defending themselves doesn't make them any less of an asshole.

Glorifying Vikings isn't any different than glorifying assassins. I mean at one point the franchise even glorified their own villains, the Templars. So if anything framing the story around the Vikings is par for the course. It won't hurt their historical accuracy any more than usual.

To be fair, at this point in history the English hadn't really done that bad had they? They were still finding themselves and rebuilding from when the Romans had left (I realise I could be completely wrong) but wasn't it till a couple of hundred years after viking Briton that they started going on the warpath around the world to establish an empire?? 

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website