By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Noooutyyy Dog *NO SPOILERS*

Tagged games:

First Death Stranding, now this... are Sony actually trying to have the PS4 self-destruct in its final year?

Around the Network
eva01beserk said:
sub-zero-TM said:

Ever since Nadine and after they forced her into Uncharted man.. that's where it all started.

Yea she was awful. But she dis not take away much from the game as she was at most secondary to the plot. But this is much worse, the plot itself is agenda driven. I would have been fine with nadine level just stuffed in the background. 

I agree with you 100% she didn't impact the overall experience i had with UC4 that game is still one of my favourite games of this gen i love the heck out of it! And it's not like she was a badly written character it's just the way she was used in the game,it was so obvious what they were doing it's just.. ughh.  

Let's refrain from talking about TLOU2 and it's plot here. We'll get a ban.

eva01beserk said:
sub-zero-TM said:

Ever since Nadine and after they forced her into Uncharted man.. that's where it all started.

Yea she was awful. But she dis not take away much from the game as she was at most secondary to the plot. But this is much worse, the plot itself is agenda driven. I would have been fine with nadine level just stuffed in the background. 

Nahhhh I hated her exactly for the reasons gave. You are a seasoned veteran fighter that kill thousand of people in the way, when you control your char you can easily beat up nadine, but on cutscenes and QTE you can't even hit her once even when attacking together with your brother (yes we know he wasn't really teaming up with you, but on the scenes he seems to be fighting normally).

And just to be clear I also hate this in several games, the type of you get shoot thousando of times and either neve get hit or recover fast while a CG shot that you would never be hit with get to you and that get you damaged for good and long time. Also some chars that maw you on cutscene but are easily dealt when you have the fight to do (I even have those silly cases where I was doing a perfect, enemy almost killed and I didn't receive a single hit and a threshold or cg come and I'm terribly damaged and saying there is no way to defeat the enemy). Also those enemies that are just impervious to all your attacks until the story allow you to hit him so you have to keep evading, healing and even attacking for a long time with no effect.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

OlfinBedwere said:
First Death Stranding, now this... are Sony actually trying to have the PS4 self-destruct in its final year?

I don't remember any significant issue on Death Stranding, what exactly are you talking about on it?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:
OlfinBedwere said:

I don't remember any significant issue on Death Stranding, what exactly are you talking about on it?

None in particular, other than selling way below expectations. My point was, a year ago it looked like the PS4 was going to end its life with a bang, with Death Stranding, FF7R and TLOU2 on the horizon. Now it looks like Sony's going to be 1 for 3 on that count, and the one that actually did more or less meet expectations is only a timed exclusive.

(Only talking critical/audience expectations, mind; TLOU2 will probably still sell well regardless, the franchise just has too much mainstream popularity to completely crash and burn)

Around the Network
OlfinBedwere said:
DonFerrari said:

None in particular, other than selling way below expectations. My point was, a year ago it looked like the PS4 was going to end its life with a bang, with Death Stranding, FF7R and TLOU2 on the horizon. Now it looks like Sony's going to be 1 for 3 on that count, and the one that actually did more or less meet expectations is only a timed exclusive.

(Only talking critical/audience expectations, mind; TLOU2 will probably still sell well regardless, the franchise just has too much mainstream popularity to completely crash and burn)

I don't remember any report on the sales being lower than expection, if you have one I would like to see. I know it have good critical acception but a lot of bad review from users.

Don't forget we have GoT to release as well.

TLOU2 may get a lot of people liking it exactly for the reasons we may hate it (and still be a good game).

DonFerrari said:
eva01beserk said:

Nahhhh I hated her exactly for the reasons gave. You are a seasoned veteran fighter that kill thousand of people in the way, when you control your char you can easily beat up nadine, but on cutscenes and QTE you can't even hit her once even when attacking together with your brother (yes we know he wasn't really teaming up with you, but on the scenes he seems to be fighting normally).

And just to be clear I also hate this in several games, the type of you get shoot thousando of times and either neve get hit or recover fast while a CG shot that you would never be hit with get to you and that get you damaged for good and long time. Also some chars that maw you on cutscene but are easily dealt when you have the fight to do (I even have those silly cases where I was doing a perfect, enemy almost killed and I didn't receive a single hit and a threshold or cg come and I'm terribly damaged and saying there is no way to defeat the enemy). Also those enemies that are just impervious to all your attacks until the story allow you to hit him so you have to keep evading, healing and even attacking for a long time with no effect.

I agree with all that to. No worst ofdenders of that than RPG's. But my point was that after thouse small segments you could ignore and forget it and wont retract from the rest of the game. That's what I mean with injecting small doses that wont damage the overall game much. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:
DonFerrari said:

I agree with all that to. No worst ofdenders of that than RPG's. But my point was that after thouse small segments you could ignore and forget it and wont retract from the rest of the game. That's what I mean with injecting small doses that wont damage the overall game much. 

I agree even though it broke immersion and my feeling of being powerful (the problem I have with the new GoW, where basically each and every single monster on the game kill you in less hits than you kill them, but you are the fucking God of War that seem turned common human that win through just tactics) it didn't really get in the way of my enjoyment.

Talking about RPG I do remember hating the first fight with Beatrix on FFIX and not knowing how long I had to endure and panicking the first time I won because I had lost like 10 times and when I won I was very near dead and she gave the attack that dished me out I was screaming "impossible to finish this game". Nowadays I can basically be 100% health and almost full MP the whole fight.

I understand both sides of the barricade, but honestly can't really care. If TLoU 2 is just as good as the first one we all win

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

hunter_alien said:
I understand both sides of the barricade, but honestly can't really care. If TLoU 2 is just as good as the first one we all win

And that seems to be the problem that is covered both in the video and some people that saw the spoilers. The political agenda got in the way of making the game great.