By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SPOILERS The Last Of Us P2 SPOILERS

people saying throughout youtube that the story of revenge of the employee that hit ND back over bad treatment is better than the revenge story of this game.

others saying RE3 remake suddenly became a masterpiece.

Around the Network
sub-zero-TM said:
OMGGGGGG GUYS THERE ARE GAMEPLAY VIDEOS STILL BEING LEAKED ! i just watched a whole hour of new game footage including the whole prologue!!!

And it's not good.. not good at all IMO almost everything that you heard is 100% true except for one thing.. this game will be very poorly received by fans no doubt. I can't believe someone actually said this was a good idea.

Enlighten me. I thought the second half was where it gets bad with Joel and Abby and whatnot. How could the prologue be bad???

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

CuCabeludo said:

people saying throughout youtube that the story of revenge of the employee that hit ND back over bad treatment is better than the revenge story of this game.

others saying RE3 remake suddenly became a masterpiece.

GODDAMN that post murdered actual comedians

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

sales2099 said:
sub-zero-TM said:
OMGGGGGG GUYS THERE ARE GAMEPLAY VIDEOS STILL BEING LEAKED ! i just watched a whole hour of new game footage including the whole prologue!!!

And it's not good.. not good at all IMO almost everything that you heard is 100% true except for one thing.. this game will be very poorly received by fans no doubt. I can't believe someone actually said this was a good idea.

Enlighten me. I thought the second half was where it gets bad with Joel and Abby and whatnot. How could the prologue be bad???

No, no you misunderstood the prologue is actually cool you play as Joel if you can believe it.. for like two minutes lol .. and i have a sneaking suspicion that's all the time we will have with our boy Joel in this game. I don't wanna spoil everything cause there is a very cool moment for the fans in there.

But also this prologue is confirmation of the dumb lazy revenge plot with this character Abby.. cause they show the surgeon in the beginning cause the game starts with Joel sitting with Tommy somewhere and he's telling him what happened with the Firefly's and how he saved Ellie.

Well, it's Naughty Dog...

Jak 1 was a collectathon set in a tropical island with a silent protagonist and dancing.

Then Jak 2 becomes a mission-based game with guns, set in a dark, urban environment with flying vehicles and an ANGRY protagonist whose first words are "I'm gonna kill Praxis!" in its first 5 minutes.

Around the Network

I have seen many things almost everything is confirmed all your worst fears.. you play as this Abby character for second half of the game .. and the final boss is ....... Ellie xD

RolStoppable said:
SecondWar said:

Game of Thrones season 8 and Star Wars episode 8 didn't ‘sell something different’, it more GoT8 had bad writing and terrible pacing while Star Wars 8 showed there wasn’t a coherent vision for the sequel trilogy whilst also trying to juggle too many characters, resulting in only one (Poe) getting decent and believable character growth. Characters like Rose were annoying, but write any character like that and they will be..p

I’m not that familiar with the Metroid franchise, but isn’t Other M more of a spin-off, wouldn’t you expect it to have a different direction?

People have made up their minds on Abby before actually getting a decent look at her. From what I’ve seen from the leaks, she’s focused more in getting revenge than going around correcting people’s usage of pronouns

For Game of Thrones it would be that build-ups for character arcs were not pursued in proper manner and resulted in many dissatisfactory conclusions, that's why it fits under "selling something different." Basically, forget what you've seen before, it's meaningless; this is how it all ends. Star Wars Episode 8 and 9 is similar; you call it lack of a coherent vision, but that's just another way of saying that they were trying to sell something different from one entry to the next.

Other M was the designated continuation of the Metroid franchise in prequel form and its director Sakamoto dismissed the beloved Metroid Prime trilogy as spinoff series and non-canon, so it was doubly offensive and disrespectful to the fans of the Metroid series. For Sakamoto, Other M remains a main entry, but the Metroid fanbase has written it off as non-canon, so maybe that's why you are thinking of it as a spinoff or sidegame, because the people who talk about it don't acknowledge it as a main game. But a decade ago when more details about its direction and story emerged close to its launch, it was similarly divisive to what we are seeing now with The Last of Us Part II. A lot of fans were up in arms and were not going to buy the game anymore, a few defended the game no matter what, some took a wait and see approach to find out for themselves how bad the game really is.

As for Abby, I don't think it matters to most people who Abby is. It's more the whole idea of playing as someone whose objective it is to kill the characters fans have grown to like. So whether Abby is male, female, white, black, straight or gay, it's really not important. Abby sucks because of their purpose in the game and default characteristics (white, male, straight, possibly christian as the stereotype goes) wouldn't change that impression.

Ok, I misinterpreted what you meant when you said ‘sell something different’. You’ve make a fair assessment.

I really hope i dont get banned for this ..

ye i was debating adding the link with the 1,5 hour video but those interested enough can find it themselves

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I’m officialy shutting down the rummor about Abby.. she’s definitely not a tranny but that raises more questions than anwsers IMO and that all because Naughty Dog or Neil probably has a hard on for making women ridiculously buff. It makes no sense how she got so muscular in the world where everything is destroyed and there are no proper protein foods. I’m saying this because there is a flashback with her just before she ... ughhh ... smashes Joel’s head in one last time with that goddamn golf club... and in that flashback where she walked in on her dead dad (the surgeon from the first game that Joel automatically kills🙄) she looked like a normal girl. That ladies and gentleman is the plot for TLOU2 ... ughhhhh

~Warned for use of the word "Tranny" -Ryuu96

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 01 May 2020