By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nvidia’s GeForce Now cloud gaming service is losing access to more titles later this month

Tagged games:

What will happen to Geforce Now in the future

Dead 2 22.22%

Half Dead 4 44.44%

They already dead 2 22.22%

Dont worry there will be some micale 1 11.11%

Total:9
sales2099 said:
Well this is fantastic news. Stadia is on the decline and GFNow losing support. Xcloud just biding it’s time with quality control and is likely to be a easy front runner in this emerging space. I’m not even concerned with whatever Amazon has, they simply don’t have the 15 devs MS has and connected infrastructure. None of them do.

How is that good news?.

I'm like generally stumped as to why you want less people in the cloud space, yet at the same time you want MS at the forefront...

What Nvidia was doing was a simple "you own the game on any client?, cool, you can play it via our service", without having to buy the game a second time (which is what Stadia wants you to do). 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
Well this is fantastic news. Stadia is on the decline and GFNow losing support. Xcloud just biding it’s time with quality control and is likely to be a easy front runner in this emerging space. I’m not even concerned with whatever Amazon has, they simply don’t have the 15 devs MS has and connected infrastructure. None of them do.

Stadia app reached 1 million downloads globally, a 400% increase since the the free tier + free pro trial was introduced.

Chazore said:
sales2099 said:

How is that good news?.

I'm like generally stumped as to why you want less people in the cloud space, yet at the same time you want MS at the forefront...

What Nvidia was doing was a simple "you own the game on any client?, cool, you can play it via our service", without having to buy the game a second time (which is what Stadia wants you to do). 

Xcloud would be the same across console and Pc with save data being interchangeable with only 1 version being purchased. But it’s very simple. I want Xcloud to succeed, at the expense of their competition. 

Because I have a Xbox controller and plenty games I would love to play in my bedroom or wherever (with my saves carrying over and everything). Everything else is just noise that doesn’t deserve success due to lack of infrastructure. 

Last edited by sales2099 - on 24 April 2020

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

CuCabeludo said:
sales2099 said:

Stadia app reached 1 million downloads globally, a 400% increase since the the free tier + free pro trial was introduced.

That’s...pretty low. Thought it would be much higher since the initial release. Thanks for the information :)

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

This is basically the only stream service I thought would be good thing but publishers don't like when things are good =]

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

This is basically the only stream service I thought would be good thing but publishers don't like when things are good =]

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

CuCabeludo said:
Stadia is granted to survive for at least 10 years. Google is just investing too much on it with infrastructure and first party games development to just shut it down tomorrow.

Remeber that it will take at least 4 years to see a AAA exclusive on Stadia and Google is aware of that and they are fine with it.

Not really. Google could use the infrastructure for other projects and release their upcoming in-house developed games on other platforms (or just cancel them if they are still at an early point of development).

Thing is, why didn't Google start developing that AAA exclusive 4 years ago to launch it with Stadia?

Barozi said:
CuCabeludo said:
Stadia is granted to survive for at least 10 years. Google is just investing too much on it with infrastructure and first party games development to just shut it down tomorrow.

Remeber that it will take at least 4 years to see a AAA exclusive on Stadia and Google is aware of that and they are fine with it.

Not really. Google could use the infrastructure for other projects and release their upcoming in-house developed games on other platforms (or just cancel them if they are still at an early point of development).

Thing is, why didn't Google start developing that AAA exclusive 4 years ago to launch it with Stadia?

They gonna learn the hard way. Basically where MS was in 2013. But even then at least MS had the holy trinity of exclusives. Stadia just has 1, and I know it isn’t a AAA megaton because I dont even know what it’s called. 

sales2099 said:
Barozi said:

They gonna learn the hard way. Basically where MS was in 2013. But even then at least MS had the holy trinity of exclusives. Stadia just has 1, and I know it isn’t a AAA megaton because I dont even know what it’s called. 

Since it isn't a stablished game I would say right now Stadia have 0 flagship so far.

sales2099 said:

Xcloud would be the same across console and Pc with save data being interchangeable with only 1 version being purchased. But it’s very simple. I want Xcloud to succeed, at the expense of their competition. 

Everything else is just noise that doesn’t deserve success due to lack of infrastructure. 

So you want your fave brand to rule over all, and for no competition to prosper, I thought as much.

Could say the same about MS in general.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"