By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare console players are turning off crossplay to try to escape PC cheaters.

Tagged games:

Yeah it's a known problem on PC. I'm not playing a lot of MP games but I've seen a ton of cheaters on Counter-Strike and TF2 back in the days.

Crossplay is still a cool feature for private matches.

Around the Network

I'd prefer if the game had crossplay disabled as default. Surely with 50 million players there's enough on every platform to fill lobbies. The game keeps trying to force you to use it, with messages popping up on screen etc. It was the same with Fortnite.

I've had 3 games ruined by a hacker so far. It's ridiculous watching them playing with aimbot in the replay, with 30 kills, shooting across the map with an AR, particularly in a game like this where you might have invested 20 mins so far with teammates only to run into a cheater.

I also just prefer not to play against PC players in an FPS. Its not a huge issue in the warzone, but in the gulag sometimes, oh boy.

Edit: why is Ps4 the only platform that has the option to disable it? 

Last edited by Dallinor - on 19 April 2020

Yep cheaters suck. Reason why I gave up on most multiplayer games.

John2290 said:
Couldn't see this coming, who'd have thought cross play between console and PC would be a bad thing.

Crossplay isn't the issue, creating games that are easy to cheat in are. Crossplay has been a feature in Rocket League since day 1 and there are exactly zero cheaters in that game, which is why most people have crossplay turned on.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Never saw that coming...........
I am fine with cheating if i can also cheat, but when my platform dont allow me to cheat and i am forced to interact with a platform that allows its players to cheat, then we got a problem and it may include you having to issue a refund because of your broken ass one, sided software.

Around the Network
John2290 said:
vivster said:

Crossplay isn't the issue, creating games that are easy to cheat in are. Crossplay has been a feature in Rocket League since day 1 and there are exactly zero cheaters in that game, which is why most people have crossplay turned on.

Oh yeah, Zero cheater but enough bots to topple a Governemnt. 

That's derogatory. We tend to just call them "Diamonds".

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.