By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario + Rabbids sequel (or spiritual successor like Zelda+Rabbids) on Switch?

I hate to be that guy but, seeing as how i'm always that guy, i'll just say: Plz No.

Around the Network
The_Liquid_Laser said:

I really loved Mario + Rabbids and would like to see a sequel.  I would not want to see Zelda + Rabbids though.  

There is a reason why Mario + Rabbids works.  Both franchises are whimsical.  The Mushroom Kingdom is a whimsical dream-like place.  The Mario franchise has always been whimsical, but they aren't mischievous.  The Rabbids are both whimsical and mischievous.  So the Rabbids are the comedy and the Mario people are the "straight man" types, but it all fits, because it's all whimsical to begin with.

So there are other franchises, like Kirby or Donkey Kong or Splatoon, that would work just fine with Rabbids.  Even Animal Crossing would work fine with Rabbids.  Then there are other franchises like Metroid or Fire Emblem or Bayonetta, that wouldn't really work as well.  I would put Zelda in this category.  I know there are cartoonier Zelda games, but there are reasons why people complain when they make those.  Most Zelda fans want Link to be a badass in a dangerous world instead of in a zany cartoon.  I personally wouldn't want a Zelda + Rabbids crossover.

Perhaps a Nintendo + Rabbids sequel! If there is a sequel in the works (oh how I hope there is!) I would just want to see them expand it in some significant way rather than just like have a straight sequel with more of the same. Mario I think does make more sense than Zelda cuz there are more main characters to choose from and as another person pointed out jumping is a key part of Mario but not Zelda.

I think a cool way to expand it would be to just throw in a few characters from other games. Keep the Mario characters but maybe throw in 4 main characters from other franchises and have the four worlds be from each of those other IPs. You could have the Mario characters and rabbids, plus Link, an inkling, Kirby, and one more I would say DK but they already did that as DLC. Since the first game was the rabbids world and Mario world getting mixed together the second game could be the rabbids and Mario worlds getting mixed with Zelda, Splatoon, Kirby, etc worlds to create crazy hybrids that makes each world very unique from the others.

My only gripe with the first game was it started off way too easy. World 1 was way too easy so was only ok. World 2 the game started ramping up difficulty a bit and so the game started getting good there. Then the second half of the game had good difficulty which made it fantastic. I would just want them in a sequel to give World 1 the difficulty World 2 had in the original as a easier intro world, then the last 3 with full on difficulty like Worlds 3 and 4 had in the original.

I rather we just get a Super Mario RPG 2

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

I'd rather have a Splatoon SRPG spin-off using the Mario+Rabbids mechanics. No Rabbids.

Id be down for another. But can we just keep the gameplay and do a star fox tbs? Thatd could be really cool. Id be fine w a metroid crossover if it has to be a crossover game. Or I guess starlink would be the moat fitting ubi ip? Not like the star fox crew has a whole lot else going on (unfortunately).

Around the Network

Actually, if I remember correctly, the reason mario was in the game was because the crazy combining device owner had mario toys? If thats the case id be fine w any franchise teaming w the rabids. Rabid ridley could be hilarious. But I still prefer star fox.

wombat123 said:
I'd rather have a Splatoon SRPG spin-off using the Mario+Rabbids mechanics. No Rabbids.

So long as the cut scene quality is still there and the story's good id be down for that. I only bring up story because if its rabids im gonna be alot more lenient on that aspect for, hopefully,  obvious reasons. 

Good idea

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
I hate to be that guy but, seeing as how i'm always that guy, i'll just say: Plz No.

Noted and understandable. Plenty of times I see titles (remasters in general, pokemon games, animal crossing games) and think to myself "can we just spend those resources on a last of us or arkham type game for a nintendo console for once?". :)

They should be a group of Nintendo all stars instead

But instead swap out them with rabbits as either the protagonist or antagonist.

My choices...

Mario
Link
Zelda
Pikachu (lol game freak)
Samus
Peach
DK
Kirby
Inkling (girl)

The_Liquid_Laser said:

I really loved Mario + Rabbids and would like to see a sequel.  I would not want to see Zelda + Rabbids though.  

There is a reason why Mario + Rabbids works.  Both franchises are whimsical.  The Mushroom Kingdom is a whimsical dream-like place.  The Mario franchise has always been whimsical, but they aren't mischievous.  The Rabbids are both whimsical and mischievous.  So the Rabbids are the comedy and the Mario people are the "straight man" types, but it all fits, because it's all whimsical to begin with.

So there are other franchises, like Kirby or Donkey Kong or Splatoon, that would work just fine with Rabbids.  Even Animal Crossing would work fine with Rabbids.  Then there are other franchises like Metroid or Fire Emblem or Bayonetta, that wouldn't really work as well.  I would put Zelda in this category.  I know there are cartoonier Zelda games, but there are reasons why people complain when they make those.  Most Zelda fans want Link to be a badass in a dangerous world instead of in a zany cartoon.  I personally wouldn't want a Zelda + Rabbids crossover.

I don't see how it couldn't work tbh.. the Mario characters weren't the one to bring the comedic elements but the rabbids. Also, it doesn't need to be cartoon link but still your argument doesn't stand since Wind Waker is one of the most appreciated Zelda game ever even tho it's not a badass link. If something like Link's awakening doesn't get too much backlash, i'm sure a spinoff would be appreciated no matter the style they pick.