By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What do you think about FF VII Remake Cutscenes/Gameplay proportion?

The ratio is perfect. They’re also exceptionally well directed and a visual feast.

That being said, if for any particular reason you think they’re too much, or if you’ve already seen them, you can always skip them. Making it multi-playthrough friendly.

Last edited by Hynad - on 13 April 2020

Around the Network
Hynad said:

The ratio is perfect. They’re also exceptionally well directed and a visual feast.

That being said, if for any particular reason you think they’re too much, or if you’ve already seem them, you can always skip them. Making it multi-playthrough friendly.

Yeah if you couldn't skip it would be a problem.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Xxain said:
vivster said:
It's pretty much on par with every other FF game, including the original.

Perfect. I would compare the beginning of FF7 Remake to the beginning of FFX in regards to cutscene/gameplay. The minute you get sector 7 slums the game stops the with introduction phase. @Vodacixi - Give it a rest man. 

I don't know what you are talking about. I just freaked out a little bit under the possibility of the game being half cutscenes. I just wanted to know what people thought about it. And since I already realized the actual cutscenes only take about a third part or less of a normal playthrough, I already said everything is fine for me. 

Vodacixi said:
Xxain said:

Perfect. I would compare the beginning of FF7 Remake to the beginning of FFX in regards to cutscene/gameplay. The minute you get sector 7 slums the game stops the with introduction phase. @Vodacixi - Give it a rest man. 

I don't know what you are talking about. I just freaked out a little bit under the possibility of the game being half cutscenes. I just wanted to know what people thought about it. And since I already realized the actual cutscenes only take about a third part or less of a normal playthrough, I already said everything is fine for me. 

Well perhaps it have to do with the several negative posts you made torwards the game.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Vodacixi said:
Xxain said:

Who . You have been a major FF7R whiner, specifically about the multi part thing. Typical of whiners, ya spend the majority of the games development period whining about every supposed negati, but not because you really care, but ultimate your pissy about your original issue. So game releases and instead of moving on... you hang around ... Making threads about any supposed negative element your favorite YouTuber or review outlet brought up under the guise of "being concerned/worried". We've all done it.  Just get the game and find out for yourself. You're going to do it anyways.

Around the Network

I love it. Its a story driven game and needs cutscenes. It gets you more deeply involved and connected with the story and characters. I always knew there'd be a fair share of cutscenes to keep the story strong.

As for the game itself, its the best game in a long time. I'll admit I was a big fan of the original when I first played it 20 years ago, and I was always hoping they'd remake this.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Xxain said:
Vodacixi said:

Who . You have been a major FF7R whiner, specifically about the multi part thing. Typical of whiners, ya spend the majority of the games development period whining about every supposed negati, but not because you really care, but ultimate your pissy about your original issue. So game releases and instead of moving on... you hang around ... Making threads about any supposed negative element your favorite YouTuber or review outlet brought up under the guise of "being concerned/worried". We've all done it.  Just get the game and find out for yourself. You're going to do it anyways.

It turns out bad stuff draws attention more than good stuff. Good things are just good, there really is no need to argue about them. Maybe people enjoy being enthusiastic for a while, but that doesn't last long because ultimately, everyone agrees X is good.

Bad stuff however... it bothers people, it generates discussion, etc... It's something that I feel the need to talk more because in general, bad stuff happening means there is a potential problem that needs a solution. And that makes me do more often threads about fishy stuff than overall good news. Not just about FF VII, but about everything I see fit (Pokémon, Kingdom Hearts... you name it). It's not a grudge you guys think I hold over FF VII Remake. It just happens that it's a franchise I have interest in, it's relevant now and it's been having some questionable aspects since it was announced that I liked to discuss every time the moment was right. Nothing else.

Vodacixi said:
Xxain said:

It turns out bad stuff draws attention more than good stuff. Good things are just good, there really is no need to argue about them. Maybe people enjoy being enthusiastic for a while, but that doesn't last long because ultimately, everyone agrees X is good.

Bad stuff however... it bothers people, it generates discussion, etc... It's something that I feel the need to talk more because in general, bad stuff happening means there is a potential problem that needs a solution. And that makes me do more often threads about fishy stuff than overall good news. Not just about FF VII, but about everything I see fit (Pokémon, Kingdom Hearts... you name it). It's not a grudge you guys think I hold over FF VII Remake. It just happens that it's a franchise I have interest in, it's relevant now and it's been having some questionable aspects since it was announced that I liked to discuss every time the moment was right. Nothing else.

You know what would make this more sincere? If you were playing the game with us.

Xxain said:
Vodacixi said:

You know what would make this more sincere? If you were playing the game with us.

I swear by Rinoa Heartilly I'm being sincere xD

I aint buying anything physical until the quarentine is over. I believe making people move and being at risk (even if it's by a very small margin) just for sending me a videogame would be very selfish and dumb on my part. Here in Spain the coronavirus is hitting pretty hard... So... FF VII Remake will have to wait. Just like Persona 5 Royal and maybe Xenoblade Chronicles (for the love of God, I wish we are considerably better by May 29th xD)

The cutscenes is what makes up the DNA of FFVII. It was advertised as a movie in the 90's so I didn't expect any less since now the tech is there to double up on that narrative. At least it's somewhat interesting to watch and the other half of the game is fun to play. I think for the modern gamer it's a good balance.

Last edited by Ljink96 - on 13 April 2020