By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-Order Chart

Marth said:
curl-6 said:

I'd never heard of this Momotaru Dentetsu game before but it seems like it's kind of a big deal.

So just how major is it, there don't seem to be any sales numbers on VGChartz for previous entries?

Momotaru Dentetsu is a very old board game style series. Kinda like a Japanese Monopoly.

It started in 1988 on the Famicom and had over 20 games so far. (+ a bunch of online and mobile games)

Most recent entry was the 3DS game, which sold over 400k LTD.
The Wii game back then over 600k

So expectations are around half a million lifetime.

Reading this makes me really want a new Itadaki Street for the Switch. Come on Square and Nintendo!

Around the Network
Marth said:
curl-6 said:

Thank you both.

Is it the sort of thing that could give Switch hardware a boost, assuming supply by then allows for it, or more something that will just sell to the established base?

I think effect on hardware would be small at best. Its more like an additional game that you buy at the store because you see it on a shelf and remember it. Kinda like Mario Party and Minecraft.

Plus, with the Switch still being supply constrained, chances are that there's no boost at all when the game releases - or not due to the game and rather to the holiday season in general.

Yeah I get the feeling Rise will be on top for quite some time.
Can't think of anything else in the next 6 months that could challenge it.

Marth said:
Monster Hunter Rise might become something very big on COMG...

It will certainly already become the biggest third party title of the Switch on COMG. But how far can it go from there? I don't think it can beat Splatoon 2 anymore, COMG just shrank too much for that.

Marth said:
Days Left Monster Hunter Rise Monster Hunter World Super Smash Bros Ultimate
182 4
181 6
180 21
179 26
178 29
177 31
176 32
175 35
174 37
---
147 53
146 74
---
127 22 150
126 27 155
125 36 162

There is still lots of time left.

Also how should I count the double pack? Currently I count it as two points.

If it's just twice the same thing unlike with the Pokemon double packs, I'd say you can safely count them as two.

Around the Network

How high did MH World eventually reach, right before release?

curl-6 said:

1644 points at the last day.

2510 points release week.

Both will be very tough targets to beat.

There's definitely a reason the Switch FIFA is 3000 yen cheaper.

RFA is really a long runner in every sense of the word (and pun intended, of course!)

Marth said:

And FIFA having the same points on both platforms is just sad. No one should buy the Switch version FIFA srsly, its a ripoff.

Corrected.

No matter which version you buy, FIFA is a ripoff either way.

curl-6 said:

Just a quick reminder that Nintendo games tend to be under represented in COMG, so they have a better ratio compared to other systems.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1