By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-Order Chart

Kneetos said:

How long till the new pokemon games get to #1 then?
2-3 days? :V

Don't think they will be up for preorders already since we don't have a date yet.

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:

Ok, so Japanese gamers making a new statement about how they care mostly for their PS4 still seeing how GT 7 on PS4 is crushing the PS5 version ...

I mean it's probably mostly due to the fact that many don't have and couldn't get a PS5 even if they wanted to atm, but it's funny how there does seem to be a trend of PS consoles having very long lives in Japan, and some japanese developers releasing games for them long after Sony has stopped.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

UnderwaterFunktown said:
Mar1217 said:

Ok, so Japanese gamers making a new statement about how they care mostly for their PS4 still seeing how GT 7 on PS4 is crushing the PS5 version ...

I mean it's probably mostly due to the fact that many don't have and couldn't get a PS5 even if they wanted to atm, but it's funny how there does seem to be a trend of PS consoles having very long lives in Japan, and some japanese developers releasing games for them long after Sony has stopped.

There’s also the fact that in a lot of places. buying on PS4 and then using the PS5 upgrade system ends up being slightly cheaper.

There seems to continue to be logical reasons to buy PS4 versions.

Looks like Elden Ring will be above Tales of Arise launch but below Ghost of Tsushima, I expect the PS4 version to end up around 175K and PS5 to be at most 75K,
This type of launch would make Elden Ring a Top 25 launch on the PS4 and the last title to launch with over 150K sales. Doesn't seem that PS5 audience has grown all that much since Tales of Arise launched leading to a disappointing result for the PS5 SKU, we might have to wait until next year until PS5 gets it's first 100K+ phyiscal launch.

Dragon Quest 3 remake and Final Fantasy XVI have potential for a 100K PS5 launch, but it’s still yet to be confirmed if either come out this year.
I’m not sure what else could generate such a big launch week on PS5 this year.

Around the Network

Gran Turismo 7 PS5:

Mar1217 said:

Imma gonna guess the Limited edition of GT 7 had a surprise restock cuz otherwise this just doesn't make sense lol

Maybe there was a good deal for the LE version, because COMG ordered a bunch and wasn't selling, so now people decide to buy it.

GT just went Super Saiyan like it was holding in rage after having a traumatic experience.

Pretty big day for Kirby. Might be the demo winning people over.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Nice to see kirby going up. Hopefully that ambition and new trajectory will pay off and the game will go on to sell atleast 5 millions +