By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-Order Chart

Megiddo said:

Hey, Ratchet actually made the chart!

Getting in almost on the last day. I have no idea of how popular Ratchet and Clank is in japan but I will take this as a goodish thing.

Around the Network
Apkopf said:
Megiddo said:

Hey, Ratchet actually made the chart!

Getting in almost on the last day. I have no idea of how popular Ratchet and Clank is in japan but I will take this as a goodish thing.

The 2002 game sold 500.000 units in Japan, so almost half what it did in Europe. But the 2016 game didn't sell nearly as much, so it seems interest in it decreased over time. I generally think that the hype for the game is larger than initial sales will be, but we'll se in a week or two.

Damn kinda seems like COMG ran out of Snap copies. That's certainly a massive drop considering how well it was holding up until now.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

PS5 version of Guilty Gear didn't even sell 3 copies at COMG stores, ouch.

Absolutely no hype for Scarlet Nexus eh

Around the Network

For a second year running, Nintendo hasn't revealed a big seller for November/December.
My best guess is that there should be something potentially million-selling planned for the period either by Nintendo or a Third Party that was not revealed at E3.. since E3 is a Western focused show maybe its something that Nintendo feels would sell great in Japan but is unlikely to have the same impact overseas like Momotaro in 2020.

My guess is that it might be something from Bandai or Level-5 like a new Taiko or Inazuma Eleven, both games have gotten close or above 1 million in the past. 

The other options are that once the Switch Pro is revealed we might have a lot more third-party ports(that were deemed impossible on the base Switch) launching on the device in the fall and that's why Nintendo doesn't feel it needs a major title in order to give them and the pro more attention

Last edited by noshten - on 16 June 2021

noshten said:

For a second year running, Nintendo hasn't revealed a big seller for November/December.
My best guess is that there should be something potentially million-selling planned for the period either by Nintendo or a Third Party that was not revealed at E3.. since E3 is a Western focused show maybe its something that Nintendo feels would sell great in Japan but is unlikely to have the same impact overseas like Momotaro in 2020.

My guess is that it might be something from Bandai or Level-5 like a new Taiko or Inazuma Eleven, both games have gotten close or above 1 million in the past. 

The other options are that once the Switch Pro is revealed we might have a lot more third-party ports(that were deemed impossible on the base Switch) launching on the device in the fall and that's why Nintendo doesn't feel it needs a major title in order to give them and the pro more attention

While I do think there might be another reveal from Nintendo for the holiday lineup - let's not ignore the fact that Mario Party and the Pokemon remakes will sell 20M units between them. They are big sellers.

noshten said:

You actually forgot about the remakes of Diamond and Pearl.

Didn't forget its a Pokemon Co. game, it will be a big software seller no doubt
In terms of Mario Party that's coming out end of October, I'm more thinking about the November/December period right before the holidays.

noshten said:

Didn't forget its a Pokemon Co. game, it will be a big software seller no doubt
In terms of Mario Party that's coming out end of October, I'm more thinking about the November/December period right before the holidays.

Nintendo doesn't really need to worry about Japan, since all stock gets sold out anyways even during non holiday periods.