By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-Order Chart

Marth said:

PS4 - 11

NSW - 9

Total 1494 (+738 WoW)

One of the rare weeks where PS4 has more games in the top 20.

But the baseline is awfully low at 3pts.

Probably helped by the fact that no Switch consoles get shipped to Japan

Around the Network

Ah, here's the thread. I was wondering why the old one wasn't updating.

So in the end FFVII remake did the exact same performance as FFXV at 470 pt finish. FFVII remake seems to have a lot more momentum going for it though. It also beats KH3, so one should expect 700k+ FW.

RE3 was higher on COMG then the actual chart, i think FF7 will not break the 1 million physical first week. We will probably see a decline in numbers for Switch games since the hardware numbers are going to be atrocious this week since they didn't ship anything and it was out of stock.

Tagging, hope Boutros is ok.

Around the Network

Its funny that the PS4 and Switch versions of Trials of Mana are going back and forth with the COMG numbers. Usually either version of other games would have a substantial lead over the other.

I don't understand how it works this system of points.
It's not ranked by numbers of units
Someone can explains this to me please ?

So long Boutros

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

theDX said:

Imma quote Boutros

Boutros said:

What does 1 point represent? (Understanding the COMG system)

1 point = 1 pre-order in a COMG! store. That pre-order can come from any of the numerous COMG! stores.

In general, we can extrapolate 1 point = 1k pre-orders in the whole of Japan. Do note that this is a very rough equivalence as several trends and factors (such as the platform, the franchise , the publisher, the time of year, etc.) can influence the numbers. Experience as shown that COMG! stores tend to be often skewed towards Sony titles. That means Sony games usually end up with >1 point = 1k pre-orders. On the other hand, Nintendo titles are rather <1 point = 1k pre-orders.

Also, highly front-loaded games can sometimes reach 2/3 points = 1k pre-order whereas more obscure titles can be 1 point = 2k/3k pre-orders.

The best way to understand COMG! is by following it on a daily basis or asking questions to the people in this thread.

Also, welcome to VGChartz.

Thank you very much :)

Bleh. Not just the numbers are boring; the selection of games on this chart is lacking too.