By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 4 April 2020 - Resident Evil 3, Switch Continues Dominance

These switch numbers, I love them haha ! Nintendo is doomed in 3,2,1,.. :D

Around the Network

Yea, feels like this week and probably next week should be the worse ones. Amazon is getting shipments of games next week so maybe they will get consoles as well.
I'm really interested to see where Ring Fit will land after this year. I think the Corona virus will give word of mouth a big boost. There is like 5k reviews on Amazon Canada for it so i'm assuming it did incredibly well this quarter.

Maybe the 10+ millions prediction wasn't wrong after all.

curl-6 said:

Switch in Japan alone is almost equal with the next best selling system's global total, and that's despite stock shortages.

AC is an absolute monster, a true killer app.

AC plus quarantine gave the switch a huge boost.

We're pretty much back in 2017 now where the Switch's biggest enemy is severe ongoing shortages.

I'm part of a Nintendo Switch Facebook group here in Australia, and right now half of all posts there now are people begging to know where they can find a Switch or people scalping them for obscene prices.

I haven't seen anything like this since the peak days of the Wii.

trunkswd said:
curl-6 said:

We're pretty much back in 2017 now where the Switch's biggest enemy is severe ongoing shortages.

I'm part of a Nintendo Switch Facebook group here in Australia, and right now half of all posts there now are people begging to know where they can find a Switch or people scalping them for obscene prices.

I haven't seen anything like this since the peak days of the Wii.

Send those people over here  

Seems silly people are going crazy now for buying a Switch when it was readily available for so long. 

Exactly what i'm thinking. It almost feels like a second life/launch. The mixt between pandemic and AC really made fire. Even the launch Switch lite or a price cut can't compare. If they had plans to reduce the price now idk if it will happen. I don't think they will meet demand before end of June maybe July. Guess they could go on and drop it for the fall season but still it will do such big numbers this year i don't feel like this is necessary.

But at the same time, 4 years without a price cut would be nuts.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Drakrami said:
how is it dominance? It is like a 20 year old racing against 2 40 year olds.... uhhh.. congrats? PS4/XB1 came out in 2013...

let's do a little comparison.

PS4+XBO March 2014-1395k

PS4+XBO March 2015-1922k

PS4+XBO March 2016-1745k

PS4+XBO March 2017-1988k

PS4+XBO March 2018-1686k

PS4+XBO March 2019-1426k

PS4+XBO March 2020-930k

NSW March 2020-2236k

God damn! Look at the Switch dominance! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

If they can deliver some system selling software in the back half of the year, the Switch might have it's best year (in terms of hardware sales) yet, in the middle of the worst pandemic in over a century.

Those switch numbers!!!

It's what she deserves.

Switch is now apparently sold out to a point that globally finding is a problem even with the halting of shipments to Japan.

Wyrdness said:
Switch is now apparently sold out to a point that globally finding is a problem even with the halting of shipments to Japan.

I suppose we won't be having those typical shipped/sold-through arguments when the next quarterly report hits.