By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Can you redeem "Birds of Prey"

The movies has clear strenghts in action set pieces and coreography and the story being so low stakes only helps it. I dont think theres anything to redeem tbh, if you have issues with the movie then you are gonna ignore its strong aspects no matter what. Personally I think the supporting cast was a bit wasted, but not so much as to ruin the experience. Not amongst the best comic films sure, but so much better than Suicide Squad.

Around the Network

I absolutely loved it. Loved the comedy, acting, colour, music,fights, SFXs. Story was abit generic but overall i would give it a solid 8/10. Best DC universe film ive seen after Shazam. Oh and WW that was good too.

I thought BvsS and suicide squad were terrible.

No. And I love DC comics and at least like most of the movies not called Suicide Squad. It completely baffles me how this film got so many good reviews. I sat there for two hours waiting for it to "get good".
When the main bad guy was defeated, I finally gave up hope.

They say Ewan McGregor was great as Black Mask. I guess that's something but even that fell flat for me. 🤷🏿‍♂️

d21lewis said:
No. And I love DC comics and at least like most of the movies not called Suicide Squad. It completely baffles me how this film got so many good reviews. I sat there for two hours waiting for it to "get good".

They say Ewan McGregor was great as Black Mask. I guess that's something but even that fell flat for me. 🤷🏿‍♂️

I watched the movie with very low expectations since I heard a lot of bad comments (and filtered some of the love the movie got). Still the movie didn`t got me, and worse yet I didn`t find a good point on the movie and that is really unfortunate (but yes I think a redeeming fact is that SS is worse).

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

d21lewis said:

I thought mcgregor was pretty good.  That’s about the only good thing I can say about it though.  I was expecting more with how well it reviewed... I might have liked it less than suicide squad...  it was bad...

Around the Network

I got 2 redeming facts.

1. Now you know not to watch a movie when political correctness is the reason for it existing.

2. Critics reviews mean less than dog shit.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:
I got 2 redeming facts.

1. Now you know not to watch a movie when political correctness is the reason for it existing.

That is a way of looking at it. But believe it or not I didn`t had any issues with PC or anything similar in this movie.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

d21lewis said:

He has a charisma that resonates goodness,hard to see him as an evil dude :p

But i should actually first see the movie in some years on netflix or so 

DonFerrari said:
eva01beserk said:
I got 2 redeming facts.

That is a way of looking at it. But believe it or not I didn`t had any issues with PC or anything similar in this movie.

I yet to see it. But people keep saying that they got out of their way to make sure every man in this movie is either evil, useless, week or a combination of the 3.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:
DonFerrari said:

I yet to see it. But people keep saying that they got out of their way to make sure every man in this movie is either evil, useless, week or a combination of the 3.

Yes there is some mention of favoritism and machism, but I wouldn`t say they have gone out of their way.

Yes, almost all relevant production positions were held by women, all relevant characters are female. But really even the women there are weak, useless, moron, etc, thus another "no redeeming point".

I have no idea why some are saying the story being pointless is something positive.