By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dead in the Water: Sakura Wars and Trails of Mana; will either survive?

You people keep saying Trails of Mana. It's Trials of Mana. It's not leaving a trail behind. Mana has a demo up for more people to play and the Mana collection is out.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
Xxain said:
Sogreblute said:
Animal Crossing already came out 2 weeks ago.
I believe Trials of Mana will sell more for a few reasons. RE3 and FF7R are releasing on PS4 along with Trails of Mana, so Sakura Wars has to compete against 3 games. Trials of Mana is on 3 different platforms, so more sales. Switch which has nothing really interesting other than Mana this month. Steam will get RE3, but that's it's main competition. Also this is a Re-imagining of the original Trials of Mana which never came out in the West until last year, which is considered the best Mana game so JRPG fans will be all over this.

Also I'll be getting Trials of Mana.

1. Animal Crossing is massive and I expect buyers to be satisfied with it for more than few weeks(wont be spending more money). That goes for RE3 and FF7 as well. Personally I am buying Final Fantasy 7 and will not be buying another console game until I am done with it.

2. Trails of Mana being the best entry in the series only matters to the people who follow the series; its a petty niche. So the benefits of being a remake of an entry that is considered the best will not carry it far especially when the low budget shows.

^ that.

Xxain said:
Sogreblute said:
Animal Crossing already came out 2 weeks ago.
I believe Trials of Mana will sell more for a few reasons. RE3 and FF7R are releasing on PS4 along with Trails of Mana, so Sakura Wars has to compete against 3 games. Trials of Mana is on 3 different platforms, so more sales. Switch which has nothing really interesting other than Mana this month. Steam will get RE3, but that's it's main competition. Also this is a Re-imagining of the original Trials of Mana which never came out in the West until last year, which is considered the best Mana game so JRPG fans will be all over this.

Also I'll be getting Trials of Mana.

1. Animal Crossing is massive and I expect buyers to be satisfied with it for more than few weeks(wont be spending more money). That goes for RE3 and FF7 as well. Personally I am buying Final Fantasy 7 and will not be buying another console game until I am done with it.

2. Trails of Mana being the best entry in the series only matters to the people who follow the series; its a petty niche. So the benefits of being a remake of an entry that is considered the best will not carry it far especially when the low budget shows.

Trials of Mana is on 3 different platforms + has a demo for all to try. It's a great demo. Low budget doesn't mean anything. A game can be low budget but still be great. Low budget /= bad.

I’ve pre-ordered trails of mana (physical version) on the switch :P

I think Trials of Mana can do over 100k but not Sakura Wars. Don't plan on getting Sakura Wars at launch, maybe a few months after launch. Might get Trials of Mana at launch, but I just got P5R and FF7 Remake next week so it's a pretty big maybe.

Around the Network

Oh Shit, I forgot about about Persona 5 Royal.

I'd imagine both will have lower sales, in contrast to the other 3 big AAA games, but at the same time, both of those games are only releasing on one or two consoles, completely ignoring PC/Xbox, which means they are missing out on extra sales, that could make up for the loss they could make against the big contenders out there. I know DOOM/RE3 are out on all systems, save for one, which is bound to make the most of it's profit out there.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Well let's look at them side by side:

Sakura Wars isn't on the Switch, a system that while just receiving a top-3-best-selling game of the year, is kinda of starving for games for people who just aren't into that.

One is a remake of a title that fans have been waiting for, for a long time

One is published by Square Enix, the golden goose of JRPGs

The other is Sega (yes, Persona aside)

Yeah, imma say Trials of Mana will sell more.

Last edited by AngryLittleAlchemist - on 04 April 2020

never even hear of sakura wars untill this thread, but im definetly getting trials of mana on switch.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

1. I think Sakura Wars has an uphill battle, especially with the Juggernauts that released before it on the PS4 like Persona 5 Royals and Final Fantasy 7, but seeing as this is like the grandfather of Dating Sim JRPG's, I think it has the potential to do well (it also has an anime coming up, so depending on how that goes, it could boost sales). So I can see it selling 100,000 copies or more. I don't know much about mana cause I'm really not interested in it...

2. I already pre-ordered Sakura Wars it when my game store botched my Persona 5 Royals pre-order so I had to transfer it. Was planning to get it day one, just not physical since it's not a steel book.

3. Don't really need to answer this.