By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Official 2020 US Presidential Election Thread

EnricoPallazzo said:
JWeinCom said:

So, you can't back up your statement and you're going to change the topic? Got it.

Any example I give you will be subjective to what I think is a threat. and mo matter what I give you will be subject to our internal views. but there goes one: For me Biden supporting and using a marxist organisation that hate it's own country and wants to create a revolution is much more serious. He is feeding a monster that he may not be able to control later and is creating a lot of violence and division between people and of course, also killing people. For me this is absolutely disgusting and mines democracy itself. Next election, just let them run loose again and presents himself as a savior to calm the country. I had my share of politicians doing the same and the outcome is never good. 

As for Trump's lie, I dont even know if he really lied at that time or lied to the journalist as trump is so erratic that I wouldnt be surprised if he actually believed that it wouldn't be serious and later for the journalist said he knew it was serious so he could, in his view, save face instead of admitting he was totally stupid in downplaying the virus. And even if he indeed lied at that time I really dont care, nothing he could have said would make any difference for the outcome of the virus. Everybody lied, the media lied (and still lies), the WHO lied, doctors lied, china lied, other presidents lied and that's what politicians do. No matter what he would do he would be burned down. I remember when nobody wanted to close the airports and when he decided to do so everybody was like "racist, absurd, crazy orange man" and in the next day other countries were doing the same. Had he done a nice speech and asking everyone staying home and said in october we would still be in lockdown and 250k people would die he would be destroyed anyway. So if he decided to lie to not create panic, yeah, bad move, but I dont care, the outcome would be the same and I am more focused on results than speeches.

Happy now? I answered you question. Now it is your turn to say my opinion is an absurd, I have no idea what I'm talking about, what I said is not truth blah blah blah blah, then I will answer on top of your email, we will have a war of text walls and youtube videos as "source" for our claims etc etc. In the end I will be called a bigot and nazi (which of course I must be) by someone else in the thread.

"You asked "give me an example of a biggest threat""

No, I did not ask anything like that. My post is like one page back... you could have copied and pasted what I actually asked, but that would mean you'd have to actually respond to it instead of the strawman.

What I asked you was for an example of a similar situation, where there is a threat, we have concrete evidence Biden knew it to be a threat, Biden told the American people it was not, and supporters backed him up anyway.

Your vague rant about Marxist organizations does not work because even if we grant it is a threat for the sake of the argument, we have no concrete evidence that Biden believes it to be a threat and intentionally lied to the American people about the degree of that threat. There's a difference between being wrong and intentionally lying to Americans about an threat.

What I didn't ask for was a rant, more baseless assertions, or for you to play the victim card. I asked for evidence. You have failed to provide it three times. Thanks for demonstrating my point. Since I'd hate for you to be called a bigot or a nazi, we can stop now.

Last edited by JWeinCom - on 17 September 2020

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:
EnricoPallazzo said:

Any example I give you will be subjective to what I think is a threat. and mo matter what I give you will be subject to our internal views. but there goes one: For me Biden supporting and using a marxist organisation that hate it's own country and wants to create a revolution is much more serious. He is feeding a monster that he may not be able to control later and is creating a lot of violence and division between people and of course, also killing people. For me this is absolutely disgusting and mines democracy itself. Next election, just let them run loose again and presents himself as a savior to calm the country. I had my share of politicians doing the same and the outcome is never good. 

As for Trump's lie, I dont even know if he really lied at that time or lied to the journalist as trump is so erratic that I wouldnt be surprised if he actually believed that it wouldn't be serious and later for the journalist said he knew it was serious so he could, in his view, save face instead of admitting he was totally stupid in downplaying the virus. And even if he indeed lied at that time I really dont care, nothing he could have said would make any difference for the outcome of the virus. Everybody lied, the media lied (and still lies), the WHO lied, doctors lied, china lied, other presidents lied and that's what politicians do. No matter what he would do he would be burned down. I remember when nobody wanted to close the airports and when he decided to do so everybody was like "racist, absurd, crazy orange man" and in the next day other countries were doing the same. Had he done a nice speech and asking everyone staying home and said in october we would still be in lockdown and 250k people would die he would be destroyed anyway. So if he decided to lie to not create panic, yeah, bad move, but I dont care, the outcome would be the same and I am more focused on results than speeches.

Happy now? I answered you question. Now it is your turn to say my opinion is an absurd, I have no idea what I'm talking about, what I said is not truth blah blah blah blah, then I will answer on top of your email, we will have a war of text walls and youtube videos as "source" for our claims etc etc. In the end I will be called a bigot and nazi (which of course I must be) by someone else in the thread.

No, I did not ask anything like that. My post is like one page back... you could have copied and pasted what I actually asked, but that would mean you'd have to actually respond to it instead of the strawman.

What I asked you was for an example of a similar situation, where there is a threat, we have concrete evidence Biden knew it to be a threat, Biden told the American people it was not, and supporters backed him up anyway.

Your vague rant about Marxist organizations does not work because even if we grant it is a threat (it is nowhere near as objective as a deadly virus) we have no concrete evidence that Biden believes it to be a threat and intentionally lied to the American people about the degree of that threat. There's a difference between being wrong and intentionally lying to Americans about an imminent, objective, deadly threat.

What I didn't ask for was a rant, more baseless assertions, or for you to play the victim card. I asked for evidence. You have failed to provide it three times. Thanks for demonstrating my point. Since I'd hate for you to be called a bigot or a nazi, we can stop now.

Your original question:

"Give me an example of Biden doing something even remotely close to telling people that a virus wasn't a major threat when concrete evidence shows that he knew that to be a lie."

I gave you an example. For me Biden supporting these people is more serious than what trump did, in my opinion of course. You asked for something as bad as trump lying to the country about a deadly virus even having concrete evidence it was a threat.

Now you say your question was:

"example of a similar situation, where there is a threat, we have concrete evidence Biden knew it to be a threat, Biden told the American people it was not, and supporters backed him up anyway"

Dont change your question to try to pass me as crazy. I would never asnwer your question if it was this second question you asked. I would have to search for Bidens whole carrer to find a moment where there is a threat, biden lied to the country and supporters backed him up.

Its just too much time wasted justbto answer a random question on the internet.

EnricoPallazzo said:
JWeinCom said:

Your vague rant about Marxist organizations does not work because even if we grant it is a threat (it is nowhere near as objective as a deadly virus) we have no concrete evidence that Biden believes it to be a threat and intentionally lied to the American people about the degree of that threat. There's a difference between being wrong and intentionally lying to Americans about an imminent, objective, deadly threat.

Your original question:

"Give me an example of Biden doing something even remotely close to telling people that a virus wasn't a major threat when concrete evidence shows that he knew that to be a lie."

I gave you an example. For me Biden supporting these people is more serious than what trump did, in my opinion of course. You asked for something as bad as trump lying to the country about a deadly virus even having concrete evidence it was a threat.

"example of a similar situation, where there is a threat, we have concrete evidence Biden knew it to be a threat, Biden told the American people it was not, and supporters backed him up anyway"

Dont change your question to try to pass me as crazy. I would never asnwer your question if it was this second question you asked. I would have to search for Bidens whole carrer to find a moment where there is a threat, biden lied to the country and supporters backed him up.

These are functionally identical. Both of them ask you to identify a situation where Biden did something similar (close and similar are synonymous) to what Trump did and his followers supported him. The second one just made it more clear what I meant by "something remotely close" (which I think was clear in the first case, but I was trying to help you out). Since the conversation was about Biden supporters, then their continued support was implicit in the original question. I added it into the paraphrased question because it was removed from the original context, so I had to make it clear that is what we were talking about.

Both questions clearly demand an example where there is concrete evidence of dishonesty. I even bolded it in the first question ffs, so if you're going to pretend that evidence of dishonesty was not always part of what I was asking for, then that's a failure of comprehension on your part.

They're the same question and would demand the same answer. But if you object to the change in wording, then fine I retract the paraphrased version. Doesn't change things one bit. Because the first question did not ask you "for something as bad as trump lying to the country about a deadly virus even having concrete evidence it was a threat." Remotely close does not mean as bad as. I specifically worded it in a way to limit subjectivity as much as possible. 

And the original question certainly does not in any way ask you to, "give me an example of a biggest threat" as you dishonestly or incompetently claimed I asked. There's absolutely no logical way to think that's what I was asking. I'm not changing my question to make you look crazy. If you look crazy, that's all you. Btw, I have not called you crazy, racist, or bigoted at any point, so please, enough with the victim card. 

But yes, if you want to support your assertion that Biden voters would act the same THEN YOU HAVE TO SHOW AN EXAMPLE OF THEM ACTING THE SAME IN A SIMILAR SITUATION. You've now admitted that you cannot back this up. Great. That which is asserted without evidence can be rejected without evidence, so in the trash your assertion goes.

RolStoppable said:
It's all subjective, JWeinCom. Just like when a couple of years ago you wrote that Sam Darnold could lead the New York Jets to a Super Bowl win. Clearly, you are a nutjob, but you are entitled to your opinion.

And before you ask, no, I can absolutely not infer from text alone if someone is saying something in jest or not.

I'm fairly certain I did not say he could lead the Jets to a Super Bowl win. I said he will. That's not subjective, that's objective. The evidence will come in due time.

JWeinCom said:
RolStoppable said:
It's all subjective, JWeinCom. Just like when a couple of years ago you wrote that Sam Darnold could lead the New York Jets to a Super Bowl win. Clearly, you are a nutjob, but you are entitled to your opinion.

And before you ask, no, I can absolutely not infer from text alone if someone is saying something in jest or not.

I'm fairly certain I did not say he could lead the Jets to a Super Bowl win. I said he will. That's not subjective, that's objective. The evidence will come in due time.

Evidence... do you mean evidence like how they won’t pick his option up next year and then ends up getting a contract to backup somebody else afterwards?   Is that the evidence you are talking about?

I guess he could win a super bowl if he gets a job backing up russel Wilson on the Seahawks...🤔

Around the Network
gergroy said:
JWeinCom said:

Evidence... do you mean evidence like how they won’t pick his option up next year and then ends up getting a contract to backup somebody else afterwards?   Is that the evidence you are talking about?

I guess he could win a super bowl if he gets a job backing up russel Wilson on the Seahawks...🤔

You'll see... you'll all see.......

He’s got a better shot than Dak Prescott with the Cowboys, but that ain’t saying much.

JWeinCom said:
EnricoPallazzo said:

Your original question:

These are functionally identical. Both of them ask you to identify a situation where Biden did something similar (close and similar are synonymous) to what Trump did and his followers supported him. The second one just made it more clear what I meant by "something remotely close" (which I think was clear in the first case, but I was trying to help you out). Since the conversation was about Biden supporters, then their continued support was implicit in the original question. I added it into the paraphrased question because it was removed from the original context, so I had to make it clear that is what we were talking about.

Both questions clearly demand an example where there is concrete evidence of dishonesty. I even bolded it in the first question ffs, so if you're going to pretend that evidence of dishonesty was not always part of what I was asking for, then that's a failure of comprehension on your part.

They're the same question and would demand the same answer. But if you object to the change in wording, then fine I retract the paraphrased version. Doesn't change things one bit. Because the first question did not ask you "for something as bad as trump lying to the country about a deadly virus even having concrete evidence it was a threat." Remotely close does not mean as bad as.

And the original question certainly does not in any way ask you to, "give me an example of a biggest threat" as you dishonestly or incompetently claimed I asked. There's absolutely no logical way to think that's what I was asking. I'm not changing my question to make you look crazy. If you look crazy, that's all you. Btw, I have not called you crazy, racist, or bigoted at any point, so please, enough with the victim card. 

But yes, if you want to support your assertion that Biden voters would act the same THEN YOU HAVE TO SHOW AN EXAMPLE OF THEM ACTING THE SAME IN A SIMILAR SITUATION. You've now admitted that you cannot back this up. Great. That which is asserted without evidence can be rejected without evidence, so in the trash your assertion goes.

Fucking hell this is so stupid and such a waste of time.

Whatever makes you fell happy pal. You win the argument, im strawman.

Actually its my fault for falling for keyboard warrior bait.

RolStoppable said:
EnricoPallazzo said:

He's not your pal, bro.

Whatever you say, chief!😜

EnricoPallazzo said:
JWeinCom said:

They're the same question and would demand the same answer. But if you object to the change in wording, then fine I retract the paraphrased version. Doesn't change things one bit. Because the first question did not ask you "for something as bad as trump lying to the country about a deadly virus even having concrete evidence it was a threat." Remotely close does not mean as bad as.

Didn't really need the concession. But since you said it, I graciously accept your genuine admission of defeat. Next time, bring evidence for your assertions.

RolStoppable said:
EnricoPallazzo said:

He's not your pal, bro.

You're not his bro, buddy.