By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - ID TECH 7 Runs like a Dream

Tagged games:

As the Title suggests, this engine is well optimised and runs like a dream on my PC.

I recently just brought the collectors edition of Doom Eternal (Including the DoomGuy's Helmet :D)

Going into this game I was expecting it to struggle on my PC at its Ultra settings @4k/60 and when applying the options from Medium Setting @1080p to Ultra @4k I was expecting the game to run around the 30fps mark, instead I was quite surprised that the game runs at a solid 60fps with barely any dips with VSync on.

This is coming straight from my own personal opinion however I notice Digital Foundry also did a piece on the game and they have nothing but praise for the engine as well.

My only issue is HDR, the moment I updated my Nvidia Driver to v442.74, the game constantly did a strobe light flashing affect where it forced me to turn off HDR on the PC. Which is a shame because I know the X1X and PRO can run the game with full HDR enabled without any issues.

Hopefully they fix this issue soon as I love using HDR.

PS: The game is awesome and is a must play regardless on your Gaming platform choice, it runs great on everything. 

Last edited by Azzanation - on 22 March 2020

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
It's not just the engine, but the API as well.

100%, I am sure there are a lot of things that make this game run so well.

I am very impressed on how much they improved the game over its predecessor while running better at the same time.

It reinforces the fact that many "optimizations" done on console also translate over to the PC.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

I'm playing it now on a 8700k & 1070 at 1440p. Runs really well on Ultra/Nightmare settings.

I've had a few crashes though.