By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sega is about to announce something amazing with Segata Sanshiro, Virtua Fighter 6 ???

Tagged games:

Around the Network

Please be real and not something stupid or mobile or Stadia. A real sequel on real consoles please! If that is Segata Sanshiro then they recast him as a teenager.

Last edited by Leynos - on 20 March 2020

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Let me be the first to say, I hope they don't white-wash Vanessa again.

I don't think VF is fantastic, and I have it like 6 times because of the Yakuza games

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

shikamaru317 said:
I truly do hope that it is VF6, the wait has been so long already. Hopefully if it is VF6 it will be next gen or at least cross-gen, and multiplat, needs to be on both Xbox and PlayStation.

The '6' and 'seemingly fighter related' in the Tweet kinda gives it away.

Please don't be a mobile troll job.

Around the Network

People still get excited for Virtua Fighter?

d21lewis said:

Virtua Fighter is a balanced, well made fighter.

d21lewis said:

Vf5 is still one of the best fighting games ever made. VF series is excellent. Why should people not be excited for another entry in a classic great series?

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:
d21lewis said:

Vf5 is still one of the best fighting games ever made. VF series is excellent. Why should people not be excited for another entry in a classic great series?

It's just not the groundbreaking series it was back in the day. I personally haven't had any desire to play it since the one on PS2 that let you train the PC to fight like you. It always felt pretty vanilla to me.  If this is a VF announcement, I hope it goes on to sell a billion copies because I like Sega...but Virtua Fighter isn't my cup of tea compared to the Tekkens, Soul Caliburs, Street Fighters, Dead or Alives, etc. of the world.. And even a lot of those I named would have a hard time making headlines these days.