By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 14 March 2020

Switch still managing well

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

Atleast next week will be big

AC will save sales next week.

Is this the last year for the 3DS or does it have one more?

trunkswd said:
CaptainExplosion said:

But it had a good run. :)

It definitely did pretty well. Did it do DS numbers? Nope, but it was still a relative success for Nintendo. 

Edit: I see this is my 4,000th post on the site.

I hate to be pedantic but unless you have posted elsewhere, by your name it says 4,001 posts :D

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Around the Network
trunkswd said:
peachbuggy said:

I hate to be pedantic but unless you have posted elsewhere, by your name it says 4,001 posts :D

I did do a post after this one

Ah, there goes the pedant in me then :D

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

It continues to surprise me how high console sales are remaining even during a global crisis.

I guess in difficult times people need entertainment and the arts more than ever.

trunkswd said:
curl-6 said:

It continues to surprise me how high console sales are remaining even during a global crisis.

I guess in difficult times people need entertainment and the arts more than ever.

Remember during the 2008 financial crisis we had good to amazing sales for the Wii, DS, Xbox 360 and PS3.

True, the video game market seems strangely insulated from disasters for some reason. 

I expected people staying indoors would mean fewer folks heading out to buy consoles, but apparently not.

trunkswd said:
curl-6 said:

True, the video game market seems strangely insulated from disasters for some reason. 

I expected people staying indoors would mean fewer folks heading out to buy consoles, but apparently not.

It is usually the entertainment business that stays strong during these times. Though with a pandemic movie theaters are affected poorly. However, anything you can do at home are doing well. This includes gaming, Netflix, Twitch, YouTube, etc.

Oh I expected stuff like online sales and streaming services to do well as you can do it from home, but since buying a console requires one to leave their house and go out in public to a store, I thought that would fare less well.

I bet the digital sales of software are going to be insane this quarter.