By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Blair Witch coming to Switch this (Nth Hemisphere) Summer

Developed by Bloober Team (Layers of Fear, Observer) and previously released on Xbone, PS4, and PC, this horror title set in the universe of the 1999 cult movie was just announced for Nintendo's hybrid.

As someone who loves the original movie and its lore I might grab this if it's a good port.

Around the Network

Didn't this get a kinda poor reception?

KLXVER said:

It got mixed reviews, yes.

Personally I don't put much stock in critical reception though; I've enjoyed many games that scored in the 60s or 70s and hated games that scored in the 90s.

curl-6 said:
KLXVER said:

Personally I don't put much stock in critical reception though; I've enjoyed many games that scored in the 60s or 70s and hated games that scored in the 90s.

Well not just reviews, but from gamers. I haven't really followed this game. Haven't heard much about it after it launched. Only a few people who thought it was kinda mediocre.

KLXVER said:
curl-6 said:

Well not just reviews, but from gamers. I haven't really followed this game. Haven't heard much about it after it launched. Only a few people who thought it was kinda mediocre.

While I do like to hear other people's experiences, I try to form my own opinions either by playing a game or watching a lot of uncut gameplay of it.

Around the Network

Ah the game you walk in the woods forever and do nothing.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Awesome. I'm definitely going to buy it.

My blog: TsalagiDragon on Wordpress

My online store: Tsalagi Dreams 

My Twitter: @Scary4Eva

Leynos said:

Funnily enough, a lot of people say the same thing about the movie, that it's just three people wandering around the woods forever and nothing happens, yet it's one of my favourite horror movies ever.

From watching gameplay there seems to be both puzzles solving and a combat system of sorts, so it doesn't look like you "do nothing".

Besides, might as well give it a try, it's literally the only game on Switch I'd consider buying that even has a release window right now.

curl-6 said:
Leynos said:

Funnily enough, a lot of people say the same thing about the movie, that it's just three people wandering around the woods forever and nothing happens, yet it's one of my favourite horror movies ever.

From watching gameplay there seems to be both puzzles solving and a combat system of sorts, so it doesn't look like you "do nothing".

Besides, might as well give it a try, it's literally the only game on Switch I'd consider buying that even has a release window right now.

Blair Witch franchise sucks. Movie sucked then and sucks now.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:
curl-6 said:

Blair Witch franchise sucks. Movie sucked then and sucks now.

Different strokes for different folks I guess; not a fan of the sequels but the original is a masterpiece in my view.