By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GoG "Stay at home" initiative. Free games!

GoG is giving away some free games tol help people relax and pass time at home.

https://www.gog.com/partner/stay_at_home

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

Great initiative from GOG and the devs/publishers of those games.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Shadow Warrior in on there! that game used to be my jam way back when.
Builders of Egypt looks intresting too.

The rest look kinda meh tbh.
Still no complaining when its free :)

Wow, that is insanely generous. Even if most don't appeal to me free games are free games.
Personally been playing through my enormous backlog and actually have been enjoying it.

Also don't forget about their Witcher goodies give-away: https://www.gog.com/game/the_witcher_goodies_collection

Practically giving away Witcher 1-3 OST, art etc.

GoG's definitely got some good stuff going through these troubled times. 

Last edited by Chazore - on 17 March 2020

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
zero129 said:
Is most/all them games free anyways?.

At least some of them, yes. But it's nice of GOG to put them together on a list and tell us about it.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
zero129 said:
Is most/all them games free anyways?.

At least some of them, yes. But it's nice of GOG to put them together on a list and tell us about it.

I once put a list of free games together on another forum. It's in german, and divided into 3 posts (1st post is freeware, second one free-to-play and the last one fangames, special promotions, browsergames and indie devs who give their games away for free (or at least some of them)), and each one is sorted by genre; also links to sites with additional free games. Haven't updated it in a long while, but might be worth a look for all those interested:

https://extreme.pcgameshardware.de/sonstige-spielethemen/272100-sammelthread-kostenlose-spiele-reloaded.html

zero129 said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

I once put a list of free games together on another forum. It's in german, and divided into 3 posts (1st post is freeware, second one free-to-play and the last one fangames, special promotions, browsergames and indie devs who give their games away for free (or at least some of them)), and each one is sorted by genre; also links to sites with additional free games. Haven't updated it in a long while, but might be worth a look for all those interested:

https://extreme.pcgameshardware.de/sonstige-spielethemen/272100-sammelthread-kostenlose-spiele-reloaded.html

Thats a pretty fine list. Maybe you should update it and make a thread here on VGC. Imo it would make a good thread for here if you kept it up to date etc.

Yeah, I thought about it already. Most of that is copy/paste anyway, so that could go rather quickly.

On the other hand, I'll have to test out all the links and prepare the whole thing in office first due to it's length and the shitty connection I have here (the service itself is fine, but the router is almost 20 years old. It doesn't even know WPA2 encryption, that's how old that thing is! We'd get a new router by changing the service to a more modern contract, but the owner is against that...), so it may take a while. It will come, but it may take a while.

While I'm still working on that List mentioned above (and the Nintendo eShop rating thread), GOG gives the game Mable & The Wood for free for the next 40 hours, so grab it while you can!

Sets a good example for all of us.