By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 GDC Reveal and PS5 specs/performance Digital Foundry Video analysis : 3.5 Ghz 8 core Zen 2 CPU along with 10.3 TF RDNA 2 RT capable and 16GB GDDR6 RAM and also super crazy fast 5.5 GB/Second S

How do you feel

My brain become bigger su... 21 30.00%

I am wet 6 8.57%

What did he talked about??? 5 7.14%

I want some more info 9 12.86%

Total:41

EDIT 4: Add Youtube Video Presentation  

All Official info can be obtain at https://blog.us.playstation.com/

PS5 Official Spec : 

" lead system architect for PS5, dives deep into the hardware system’s architecture and how we designed PS5 to benefit developers and the games they create.

As Mark discussed in his presentation, PS5’s ultra-high-speed SSD and integrated custom I/O system were developed with the goal of removing barriers to play – specifically loading screens. Developers are able to stream assets into PS5 games at an incredibly fast rate, so PS5 play experiences can be seamless and dynamic, with near-instantaneous fast travel through large game worlds. This enhanced speed will enable game developers to create larger, richer worlds without traditional limitations, such as load times, and also allows gamers to spend more time gaming than waiting.

We also wanted to introduce new capabilities with PS5’s custom GPU. Additional GPU power will allow for higher resolution in games, but a major new feature that benefits the visuals of games even further is ray tracing. Ray tracing simulates the way light moves in real life, and how it bounces off various surfaces. Games that take advantage of this feature will render objects much more accurately, and with heightened realism. Water, glass, light refraction, a character’s hair and so on, will look even more realistic.

PS5 will also allow games to offer a much deeper sense of immersion through 3D audio. Visuals are of course imperative to the gaming experience, but we believe audio plays a crucial role as well. We wanted to deliver a compelling audio experience for all users, not just those who own high-end speaker systems. So we designed and built a custom engine for 3D audio that is equipped with the power and efficiency for ideal audio rendering. With 3D audio on PS5, the sounds you hear while playing will offer a greater sense of presence and locality. You’ll be able to hear raindrops hitting different surfaces all around you, and you can hear and precisely locate where an enemy is lurking behind you.

Lastly, we’re excited to confirm that the backwards compatibility features are working well. We recently took a look at the top 100 PS4 titles as ranked by play time, and we’re expecting almost all of them to be playable at launch on PS5. With more than 4000 games published on PS4, we will continue the testing process and expand backwards compatibility coverage over time.

Make sure to keep an eye out for more PlayStation 5 updates down the road, and meanwhile, check out the chart below for the official list of PS5 specs."

https://youtu.be/4higSVRZlkA

EDIT 6: PS5 will have more then 100 PS4 backward compatibility games 

EDIT : ADD https://wccftech.com/sony-ps5-vs-xbox-series-x-analysis/

Last edited by HollyGamer - on 20 March 2020

Around the Network

With the current situation wouldn't it be easy to do this in a way everyone will notice?
I mean, we're all sitting at home twiddling thumbs anyway, great option to create some hype.

weaveworld said:
With the current situation wouldn't it be easy to do this in a way everyone will notice?
I mean, we're all sitting at home twiddling thumbs anyway, great option to create some hype.

Well, like it or not they have to respond to Microsoft and the market. Many fans cannot wait anymore. Also we are living in Internet and Social media era that can be helpful when there is a lock down in every country. People might not care a lot but as soon the world getting recovered it will return to normal. 

Exciting times

Last edited by Azzanation - on 17 March 2020

Looks Like we will see some numbers, that we have something to Talk about, but seems for the first Look and Games we still to wait, but better than nothing...😉

Around the Network

Doesn't really sound like a proper reveal yet still, more like what Xbox has been doing with their blog posts lately. Hopefully we'll learn more about the specs tho at least.

That time band is Greek to me, translate to EST please.

FloatingWaffles said:
Doesn't really sound like a proper reveal yet still, more like what Xbox has been doing with their blog posts lately. Hopefully we'll learn more about the specs tho at least.

Yeah I imagine it will be just hardware focused.  Probably don’t want Microsoft being the only one to get hype from a specs reveal.

16:00 for me.

Nvidia delayed their current plans of unveiling new hardware due to the current situation.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.