By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - AMD Confirmed that PS5 will be using RDNA 2 GPU (the same like Xbox Series X)

Tagged games:

What do you think

Yes 8 33.33%

I love this 5 20.83%

Damn Corona Virus 11 45.83%

Total:24
Pemalite said:
goopy20 said:

That's what I'm saying. It will all come down to pricing and performance if upgrading to a RTX3060 is the better option instead of buying a next gen console. It's something that I can't remember ever happened before.

At the start of current gen it was a no brainer as you could pick up a GTX760 or a GTX970 that was cheaper than current gen consoles and had double the performance. All I'm saying is that it's a bit different this time around. I mostly play on pc and, for the first time ever, I'm honestly not sure if upgrading it will be the smartest thing to do. At least not at the beginning of the next console generation. 

When the Playstation 4 launched... The Radeon 7850 become the Radeon 265. Quite literally as it's the same core.
The 260X could meet the 7850's performance level through aggressive clocks and higher bandwidth as well.

The difference a year in the PC space makes.

The Geforce 7800GT in the Playstation 3 was upper high-end... Before the Playstation 3 launched... nVidia dropped the Geforce 8800 series and pushed the Geforce 7800/7900 to the mid range.
https://www.anandtech.com/show/2116/21

eva01beserk said:

You honestly believe that there could not be some people out there down on their luck and have like $500 only to spare and while they would love to go to pc first and upmost, they can see how for those $500 it might be  better to go console or get a very low end pc and get an indisputable lower experience? Maybe save and later on go pc? Some one who has small kids and cant operate a pc so must get a console for them but cant afford a pc on top of it? Please dont tell me you believe all of pc gamers have cash spilling out their wallets at all times. There are people out there who have a primary choice but just are not able to aford it. Other wise we would all be living in mansions by the beach driving Ferrari and Lamborghini. 

The PC isn't some device that only sits at one price point.

You can buy PC's that are cheaper than an Xbox One/Playstation 4... Or you can buy a PC that is the same price as an Xbox One/Playstation 4 or you can buy a PC that is orders-of-magnitude faster and more expensive than the Xbox One or Playstation 4. It's called choice.

You can choose what games, what visual settings you wish to run at for any given hardware and budget.

That is the reason why PC's have hundreds of millions of gamers across the planet... And why a console that costs $400-$500 does't seem to be able to steal PC gamers away regardless of it's hardware.

Now tell me about theese choices wich are the ones Im talking about? If someone is buying a gaming focused deviced and is planing to at most reach that mid point you mentioned of the price of the consoles, wich will in no doubt to anyone have lower performance in almost every way to a same price console, you really dont believe some people could actually make the CHOICE  off going with a console?

Why do you keep bringing up stealing gamers away? Whos talking about doom for the pc master race here? Just saying that at the beginning of a new console gen the price to performance ratio is to good to pass up. That in a year or 2 all thouse pc people comeback is most likely. Also saying that this generational leap in console performance pluss the greedy practices Nvidia have implemented will make that price difference last longer than it has done in the past. I would have said intel as well, but we saw what happenend to intel and they are not even worth discussing anymore. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
eva01beserk said:
vivster said:

Yeah, sorry, that overlap does not exist. There is no person in the world who has to decide between a GPU and a console. That's why the price debate is pointless. That's because there are a lot more important considerations driving those decisions.

Console will always be more cost efficient when it comes to raw performance. Thankfully that is the least concern for people when deciding what to buy.

You honestly believe that there could not be some people out there down on their luck and have like $500 only to spare and while they would love to go to pc first and upmost, they can see how for those $500 it might be  better to go console or get a very low end pc and get an indisputable lower experience? Maybe save and later on go pc? Some one who has small kids and cant operate a pc so must get a console for them but cant afford a pc on top of it? Please dont tell me you believe all of pc gamers have cash spilling out their wallets at all times. There are people out there who have a primary choice but just are not able to aford it. Other wise we would all be living in mansions by the beach driving Ferrari and Lamborghini. 

LMAO @ that leap. From PC to Mansion with a Ferrari.

eva01beserk said:

Now tell me about theese choices wich are the ones Im talking about? If someone is buying a gaming focused deviced and is planing to at most reach that mid point you mentioned of the price of the consoles, wich will in no doubt to anyone have lower performance in almost every way to a same price console, you really dont believe some people could actually make the CHOICE  off going with a console?

Better yet... We are about to have the 9th console generation... PC gamers don't abandon the PC every console generation.

eva01beserk said:

Why do you keep bringing up stealing gamers away? Whos talking about doom for the pc master race here? Just saying that at the beginning of a new console gen the price to performance ratio is to good to pass up. That in a year or 2 all thouse pc people comeback is most likely. Also saying that this generational leap in console performance pluss the greedy practices Nvidia have implemented will make that price difference last longer than it has done in the past. I would have said intel as well, but we saw what happenend to intel and they are not even worth discussing anymore. 

And many people don't care about the price/performance ratio.

The Nintendo Switch, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo DS, Nintendo 3DS and so forth... Have proven people don't give a shit about hardware.

The Playstation 4 and Xbox One wasn't abandoned en-masse by gamers for the Playstation 4 Pro and Xbox One X.

Ergo. Hardware just isn't important to general consumers.

Just because RTX hardware exists, doesn't mean every PC gamers and their dog are jumping in and upgrading.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

eva01beserk said:
vivster said:

Yeah, sorry, that overlap does not exist. There is no person in the world who has to decide between a GPU and a console. That's why the price debate is pointless. That's because there are a lot more important considerations driving those decisions.

Console will always be more cost efficient when it comes to raw performance. Thankfully that is the least concern for people when deciding what to buy.

If someone buys a console, a PC was never really an option, if you're satisfied with what a console can give you, you don't need a PC. You buy a PC when you need a PC, i.e. something that does things that consoles don't do.

It's not a performance issue, it's a money and preference issue. That's why the raw console performance matters absolutely zero for people who buy a console over a PC and it's not like they have much of a choice anyway.

Last edited by vivster - on 13 March 2020

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

https://respawnfirst.com/sony-is-planning-to-put-a-screen-on-the-dualshock-controller/

Looks like PS5 controller might have a screen that you can detach, remember I posted this pic before.

But I'm starting to think this is an old devkit.

6x master league achiever in starcraft2

Beaten Sigrun on God of war mode

Beaten DOOM ultra-nightmare with NO endless ammo-rune, 2x super shotgun and no decoys on ps4 pro.

1-0 against Grubby in Wc3 frozen throne ladder!!