By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How is the Coronavirus outbreak going to affect next gen?

How is the Coronavirus outbreak affect next gen?

Nothing will happen, this... 9 37.50%

It will delay the release... 9 37.50%

It will erode people's in... 0 0%

It will be the first step... 0 0%

The economy will collapse... 3 12.50%

We're all gonna die, we're all gonna die. 3 12.50%

Total:24

If one or both consoles flounder, I bet they will blame it on the virus rather than any fault of their own.

Around the Network

Konami delayed the TG16 indefinitely so if they can't get a mini together...I think yeah PS5 and XBSX is next.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:
Konami delayed the TG16 indefinitely so if they can't get a mini together...I think yeah PS5 and XBSX is next.

Maaaaaybe, but most likely not that related to eachother.

Very different companies with different manufacturers working for them and different influences and connections.

Immersiveunreality said:
Leynos said:

Very different companies with different manufacturers working for them and different influences and connections.

Those consoles are much more complicated and many parts even if the console as a whole is manufactured elsewhere will likely come from China. Some of those parts may not be able to be manufactured for months if not longer.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:
Immersiveunreality said:

Those consoles are much more complicated and many parts even if the console as a whole is manufactured elsewhere will likely come from China. Some of those parts may not be able to be manufactured for months if not longer.

True,that is a serious possibility .

Around the Network
Immersiveunreality said:
Leynos said:

True,that is a serious possibility .

I'm not sure exactly how it played out, but due to the tariff issue, didn't PS and MS work on getting some portion of the manufacturing done outside of China? Now some parts and manufacturing would still be happening within China, so other than being able to shift part volumes around to the outside suppliers for the next while, if both suppliers for a certain part aren't within China that is, there will likely end up shortages simply due to partial part supply and partial manufacturing.

Depends more so on how quickly the illness can be contained and stopped for the most part, along with how much over time could be put in to make up for lost time, if necessary. That's also assuming either the manufacturing companies do so to keep the PS and MS launch deadline under contract, or whether PS and MS have to pay a little extra to make that happen, if it's worth it to them to guarantee reasonable holiday launch volumes.