By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony is going to mess up this Gen

Just like Sony is losing this gen with Xbox being the more powerful console right?

Around the Network
victor83fernandes said:
dharh said:
Coronavirus could very well kill the next gens launch. More than any of this fan stuff.

More people die every month from the common Flu, it didn't affect console sales or launches so far. Stop reading the news, its all made to sell, just like Italy I have friends there and they told me the news is overly exaggerated, people who actually died there a couple were not even from the virus, but they had already cancer. If that is a lie, then I assume most of these news to be blown out of proportion. 

It's about fear. Not the actual numbers. Though it remains to be seen full impact on life this new virus will have. If china remains in essential lockdown for an extended period there is no way in hell that it won't effect PS5 and XBOX manufacturing.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

victor83fernandes said:
dharh said:
Coronavirus could very well kill the next gens launch. More than any of this fan stuff.

More people die every month from the common Flu, it didn't affect console sales or launches so far. Stop reading the news, its all made to sell, just like Italy I have friends there and they told me the news is overly exaggerated, people who actually died there a couple were not even from the virus, but they had already cancer. If that is a lie, then I assume most of these news to be blown out of proportion. 

You think the WHO just made this statement to get attention?
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/who-coronavirus-pandemic-feb-24/

Here are the facts, you can make up your own news from that
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
To put it in perspective, SARS killed about 780 people out of 8100 cases, Corona is at 2,700 dead out over 80k cases (detected so far) spread out over several countries.
So far containment seems to be slowing it down, but chances are it will eventually effect the economy, if not already.

At this point, there's no evidence to support claims that they are, or are going to mess up. It may be that we'll look back on this period where MS was releasing info while Sony stayed quiet and say that it was a mistake on Sony's part. But, there's no way for us to know right now whether its good or bad (or neither). Likewise, we don't know enough about their plans going forward to say much of anything about whether they'll do a good or bad job. And, without any evidence of mistakes, and considering Sony's pretty solid track record since they straightened out the PS3 pricing issue, I'm not going to just assume they're over there making bad decisions just because they aren't doing the same sort of PR that MS is doing.

This is me talking: they gonna sell more consoles

Non UK Europe and Asia is PS territory. Always will be, the brand is too strong. If Series X beats PS5 on power and Lockhart beats it on price you have NA and UK on team Xbox but all that will do is make the PS5 lead smaller.

The only way to win would be to sell a strict Xcloud box for streaming on ones TV. Such a product would be very cheap as it isn’t a full console experience but only what Xcloud offers. This would do wonders in markets Xbox falters in.

But until then, I’m just enjoying Sony being the shy boy while I’m getting my news fix as a Xbox fan looking forward to a fresh gen and Halo Infinite. I mean....I’m surprised I’m even saying this. Sony is the top dog and now they shy away from a PR fight since the VGAs???

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
Drakrami said:
Just like Sony is losing this gen with Xbox being the more powerful console right?

Too little too late. Initial PR disaster, $100 more expensive and yet weaker hardware. Kinect being mandatory. Every multiplat having inferior Xbox specs. General snowball effect of friends buying their friends console, and yes the difference in exclusives between the two companies.

Power matters but it also has to be the first impression as well. Dont act like PS fans aren’t obsessed with power. It runs in your veins since PS3 ;)

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Mess up? Not likely. MS is just working harder to listen to people and give them what they want.

I'd wager we'll never see a "Get another job" PS3 fiasco nor a "TV, DRM, TV, DRM, TV, Have a kinect just cos" dreadful Xbox One launch ever again from either company.

sales2099 said:
Drakrami said:

Too little too late. Initial PR disaster, $100 more expensive and yet weaker hardware. Kinect being mandatory. Every multiplat having inferior Xbox specs. General snowball effect of friends buying their friends console, and yes the difference in exclusives between the two companies.

Power matters but it also has to be the first impression as well. Dont act like PS fans aren’t obsessed with power. It runs in your veins since PS3 ;)

I actually agree with you, and this coming from someone that has no interest in Xbox consoles (usually pc+ps user)

1.They are the market leader so it will be wise to wait and see, most market leader product are very relax and confident to wait rather then barging and rush in.

2. They are actually confident on their product, counter believe for what people said, actually their quietness indicate that their product is better than their competitor. even if their product is bad (which is the level of unicorn fantasy) they will announce it somehow and release the product and people can judge so there is no relation between keeping quiet and having an underperformed quality product.

3. They have their own plan and strategy , don't compare them from back in 2013, everything has greatly change from market point of view, competition, economic situation, etc

4. Coronavirus is a thing and it's indeed affecting supply chain in massive way for electronic and chip/memory industry . So not just supply but many event has been change due this God little gift to test human.

5. Leadership and organization structure change , this is more internally but it's not affecting the old policy and main plan back from 2014 where PS5 where plan and build . I tend to think that this change only affecting small plan not the entire plan.

That's my speculation and my opinion, the reality can be different or far from that , but this is not a fantasy world so i have confident that the reason is not so " doom and gloom " like people theorize it or speculate .

sales2099 said:
Drakrami said:

Hey anyone loves power and graphic, but when put in the context and priority . Power always be the last. of course this is for me, i bet it's different from one people to another.  

1.Brand loyalty

2.Value

3.Price

4.Content

5.Power