By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Sonic the Hedgehog

Have you watched/do you plan on watching Sonic the Hedgehog?

I watched Sonic over the past weekend 74 14.04%

I plan on watching Sonic in theaters. 88 16.70%

I plan on watching it whe... 136 25.81%

I will only watch the ori... 13 2.47%

I have no interest in wat... 216 40.99%

Total:527

Nope and I don't plan to. But that's no criticism of that movie in particular nor criticism of Sonic, I spent countless nights playing the first Sonic games on my Megadrive back in the early 90's and much more recently I enjoyed Sonic Mania to the point of hoping for sequels to it.

I however plan to watch it on Netflix should it be available there sometime in the future (Same with Detective Pikachu).

EDIT: What's redbox?

Around the Network

literally no desire to see it. It looks like something I'd hate. The 90s Sonic movie is enough thanks.

Last edited by Leynos - on 19 February 2020

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

I want to see it but got no one to see it with. Went to see 1917 some days ago instead with my brother: good movie.

Plan to rent the Sonic movie at some point in the future.

No interest. Looks like a generic action family friendly movie.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

There's no way I'll see this. I never liked the "character" of Sonic, whatever the hell that means, and wasn't much a fan of the games either. Last game in the series I played was Sonic Adventure 2 on the DC. And Sonic aside, it's not the type of movie that would have interested me much beyond the age of 11-12. That's not a slag on the people that are interested. I'm likely more puerile than they are. I just like better movies.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network

Sonic is one of my favorite series. However, I am not interested in movies.
I get tired of watching long videos.

I might check it out one day out of boredom once it's on Netflix or something, but I have no real interest in the film. Doesn't seem like anything that special that I'd have to go out of my way to watch it.

It's funny, while I love games (obviously) and love films, I never got into video game films. Probably because most are awful. But I do want to see both Detective Pikachu and Sonic at some point. And not I'm not ashamed in saying that as a 33 year old man lol. Quit hatin.

A couple buddies of mine have raved about it, and I think the new design is a vast improvement. Also miss seeing Jim Carrey in prime form like he was in the 90s, and he seems to be here.

It's nice to see anything Sega related do well. I was a snobby anti-Sega Nintendo guy back in the day (like 20-25 years ago), but I've really come around to them and got really into the DC JUST as they were exiting the hardware business. Now I've gained even more respect for them now that Nintendo is the only games-exclusive game in town after they left, and their games really are similar to them. 

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

I watched it with son and niece, it was a great time, movie is a lot of fun.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

axumblade said:
I watched it on Valentine's Day with my SO. You're obviously not getting Oscar winning performances from anyone in the movie but it was overall a fun movie. Weirdest/best part for me is that the movie felt like 90's nostalgia despite taking place in the present. Jim Carrey was great as Robotnik.

Overall, Detective Pikachu was a better movie to me but Sonic is still pretty solid.

Did you notice he was getting fatter on the credits time? Together with the mustache change and hairstyle?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."