By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Animal Crossing Direct announced for February 20

Jranation said:
Nautilus said:
Happy for the folks that like Animal Crossing.Personally I couldn't care about it.

The waiting for a direct continues.

There was a rumor which this site wrote an article on that there will be 2 Nintendo directs this month. There is only this week and next left of february. Which perhaps mean that next week will be a general direct

It was Zippo from Resetera who said this(supposedly he has insider info).Either way, this announcement breaks alot of patterns, since most announcements happens at 7 or 8 am east coast US, so nothing stops Nintendo from having a direct next week.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
trunkswd said:
Nautilus said:

Other than Xenoblade(and that's a maybe because I have already played the Wii original), Im with you. I know a direct is comming, after all we know next to nothing about this year, but man this waiting...

It feels like the entire gaming community is waiting. Waiting for what the Switch will have for the big releases and waiting for news on the PS5 and Xbox Series X. 

Yeah, all the big three are holding their cards close to the chest.It feels unbearable.We should have got a PS metting or a XBOX celebration or whatever by now too.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

That feeling when you make a wish and the genie twists it ;_;

Hell yeah! Let's go Animal Crossing.

Not my kind of game but good for anyone who enjoys the series.

Around the Network

Tbh I'm disappointed it isn't a real Nintendo direct. I know many people are hyped and happy for this Animal Crossing direct, but me personally I don't care about animal crossing. As a Nintendo fan we essentially know nothing about the Switch's lineup for 2020. My fear is that Nintendo will wait until after Animal Crossing releases to do a Nintendo direct since Nintendo might be afraid that unveiling big games before Animal crossing releases might kill the hype of Animal Crossing.

javi741 said:
Tbh I'm disappointed it isn't a real Nintendo direct. I know many people are hyped and happy for this Animal Crossing direct, but me personally I don't care about animal crossing. As a Nintendo fan we essentially know nothing about the Switch's lineup for 2020. My fear is that Nintendo will wait until after Animal Crossing releases to do a Nintendo direct since Nintendo might be afraid that unveiling big games before Animal crossing releases might kill the hype of Animal Crossing.

It is also quite possible that they are saving some big announcements for E3. At least, that's what I think. But we'll see.

javi741 said:

Nothing could kill the hype for Animal Crossing, I assure you.  Nintendo could unveil a new Metroid, 2D Metroid, Zelda, and 3D Mario in a Direct right before AC:NH and people would still line up in droves in excitement for this title.  It has been quite a long time since we've had a console Animal Crossing, and even City Folk underwhelmed many.  This title is a long time coming.  

derpysquirtle64 said:
javi741 said:

It is also quite possible that they are saving some big announcements for E3. At least, that's what I think. But we'll see.

That's true, but Nintendo usually likes to tease what their big Holiday titles are before E3, they did it with Mario Odyssey, Smash, Pokemon and even more. So I still do expect a direct before E3 to announce their big games for the 2nd half of the year

super_etecoon said:
javi741 said:

Nothing could kill the hype for Animal Crossing, I assure you.  Nintendo could unveil a new Metroid, 2D Metroid, Zelda, and 3D Mario in a Direct right before AC:NH and people would still line up in droves in excitement for this title.  It has been quite a long time since we've had a console Animal Crossing, and even City Folk underwhelmed many.  This title is a long time coming.  

You'd be surprised, their are a lot of die-hard Animal Crossing fans who are gonna buy the Switch and game in droves even if Nintendo announces everything. But there are still a lot of people and Nintendo fans who are on the fence with buying this game and the only reason they might buy it is because they believe no major game might be coming from Nintendo anytime soon and have money to burn. I'm sure if Nintendo were to announce any big games before AC, the more casual gamers might be deterred to purchase Animal Crossing when they know they could save their money on the bigger titles coming later this year.

I'm sure AC is gonna sell like hot cakes and millions of Switch's & games whether Nintendo does a direct before its release or not, but I believe Nintendo might want to capitalize AC's sales as much as possible.