By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ocarina of Time vs Final Fantasy 7

I prefer...

Ocarina of Time 105 58.33%

Final Fantasy 7 75 41.67%

Total:180
Runa216 said:
Shiken said:

Calls someone bias, then goes on expressing his own personal opinion as fact.

Pot and the kettle I suppose.

Holy fuck...Literally everyone is biased. I just couldn't think of a better term to describe his level of fanaticism without using the proper (but banned) term of 'fanboy'. Or fangirl. whatever. 

So because his opinion about Zelda 2 differs from yours, you need to think of another word to describe him?

Just because he likes a game that you do not, does not mean he is, "That which shall not be named."

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:
Immersiveunreality said:

You got me!

The only game with wet in the title i played was Wet:The Sexy Empire.

That's the stuff we keep on the dl.  

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
This thread just proved to me why a game like breath of the wild got perfect scores left and right and reviews leavind any Flaw it had because it have a shit ton of them and its FAR from a perfect game. Zelda is One of those franshises that people is incapable of being objective and just talk about it without the fanboy blindfold. Rockstar games get this too from reviewers.
When people say oot didnt aged poorly are full of shit and shit frame rate is a Flaw the game had, 20 FPS is terrible , it was terrible in the past and Will always BE terrible , period.

Very few reviewers would say that a perfect score indicates a perfect game as I don't think it would be possible to create a game that literally could not be improved on.  Games are generally judged on a sliding scale that is generally based on what is possible and available at the time.  For me, and apparently lots of others, BOTW is head and shoulders above most modern games, hence the score.

And I think Ocarina of time aged pretty well.  A better frame rate would obviously be better, but it's not a significant enough issue that I can't enjoy the game today.  Moreover though, this is a comparison between two games of the same era.  And, I believe that FFVII ran at like 15 FPS during battles.  So, framerate is hardly a winning argument. 

Ofcourse not :p

Was 11 or 12 years old or so and stumbled upon it on the computer of a friend of mine his dad,it also had the famous Tommy lee and Pamela Anderson videos.

The greatness of sex education back in the ol days(cough)

Immersiveunreality said:
JWeinCom said:

That's the stuff we keep on the dl.  

Very few reviewers would say that a perfect score indicates a perfect game as I don't think it would be possible to create a game that literally could not be improved on.  Games are generally judged on a sliding scale that is generally based on what is possible and available at the time.  For me, and apparently lots of others, BOTW is head and shoulders above most modern games, hence the score.

And I think Ocarina of time aged pretty well.  A better frame rate would obviously be better, but it's not a significant enough issue that I can't enjoy the game today.  Moreover though, this is a comparison between two games of the same era.  And, I believe that FFVII ran at like 15 FPS during battles.  So, framerate is hardly a winning argument. 

Was 11 or 12 years old or so and stumbled upon it on the computer of a friend of mine his dad,it also had the famous Tommy lee and Pamela Anderson videos.

Hopefully you had enough and tissues to enjoy the videos properly.

The Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time -

Dan Houser : " Anyone who makes 3-D games who says they’ve not borrowed something from Mario or Zelda is lying — from the games on Nintendo 64, not necessarily the ones from today. But I would argue in that regard we’ve certainly been more sinned against than sinning."

JWeinCom said:
Immersiveunreality said:

Spoiler!
At that age it was quite shocking and confusing,my friends dad did not have the right mindset to raise children properly being almost always depressed and that resulted in a lack of notice on what his kid could see and do but may he rest in peace as he ultimately commited suicide.

Also about OoT vs ff7 : To me A link to the past was what i hoped Zelda would be for a long time and it felt like it just became a different thing than what i always thought zelda was with the coming of OoT,i liked it and it was impressive for me and for its time but also a let down because of those personal reasons,top down 2d adventures are so rare and i miss them severely.

Around the Network
Immersiveunreality said:
JWeinCom said:

Spoiler!
At that age it was quite shocking and confusing,my friends dad did not have the right mindset to raise children properly being almost always depressed and that resulted in a lack of notice on what his kid could see and do but may he rest in peace as he ultimately commited suicide.

Also about OoT vs ff7 : To me A link to the past was what i hoped Zelda would be for a long time and it felt like it just became a different thing than what i always thought zelda was with the coming of OoT,i liked it and it was impressive for me and for its time but also a let down because of those personal reasons,top down 2d adventures are so rare and i miss them severely.

It's hard for me to decide which I prefer; I tend to go back and forth. But at least we continued to get 2D Zelda's on the GBC and GBA, and the Zelda games on the DS were 3D, but still top-down, IIRC.

I really enjoyed playing through the Link's Awakening remake, and it was crazy because playing through the remake made me recall memories about the original that I didn't know my brain still had. It had been so long that I could only remember bits and pieces about the game. I remembered that there was a chain chomp, and sea shells, but nothing detailed... But then while playing the remake, at several points during the adventure I would randomly be fighting a boss or exploring an area and I would recall what I was doing when I was at that point in the game as a kid.

Immersiveunreality said:
JWeinCom said:

Spoiler!

Well that took a fucking turn...

On topic, I personally don't like top down games as much as 3D.  It just feels less immediate and visceral.  I really liked a Link Between Worlds, but I've tried LTTP a few times and have never been able to get into it.  Converting something from 2D to 3D necessarily involves a change, but I'd say a change for the better.

Aidman said:
The Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time -

Dan Houser : " Anyone who makes 3-D games who says they’ve not borrowed something from Mario or Zelda is lying — from the games on Nintendo 64, not necessarily the ones from today. But I would argue in that regard we’ve certainly been more sinned against than sinning."

Yeah, between them Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time essentially wrote the book on how on how gameplay should operate in three dimensions.

Heck, Ocarina got the formula so right that it wasn't until BOTW nearly two decades later that the 3D branch of the franchise significantly deviated from it.

Immersiveunreality said:
JWeinCom said:

Spoiler!

Have you tried Alundra? 

JWeinCom said:
Immersiveunreality said:
Spoiler!

Well that took a fucking turn...

On topic, I personally don't like top down games as much as 3D.  It just feels less immediate and visceral.  I really liked a Link Between Worlds, but I've tried LTTP a few times and have never been able to get into it.  Converting something from 2D to 3D necessarily involves a change, but I'd say a change for the better.

Yes, without doing that Zelda would have not been so popular today but to me it was like the genre of game also changed.

Breath of the wild feels more like a converted link to the past than  OoT imo.