By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Sonic The Hedgehog movie getting similar reviews to Detective Pikachu, tied for 3rd place overall

That is better than I expected

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Silent Hill is that low? Seems harsh.

And I thought the first res film was half decent.

Good video game movies now.

Hiku said:

My favorites are probably Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter.
They were so bad that it made them good.

The worst one I've seen are probably Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li, and Dragonball Evolution.
They were so bad that it made them really really bad.

I plan to check out Sonic soon though. Sounds like a decent film, and I hope they get rewarded for reworking Sonic's look.

That whole thing seems like a publicity stunt from the start.

Around the Network

Just saw it, it was actually alright. Nothing spectacular but I had fun. Jim Carrey really stole the show, definitely the highlight of the movie.

Hiku said:

My favorites are probably Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter.
They were so bad that it made them good.

The worst one I've seen are probably Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li, and Dragonball Evolution.
They were so bad that it made them really really bad.

I plan to check out Sonic soon though. Sounds like a decent film, and I hope they get rewarded for reworking Sonic's look.

Dragonball: Evolution isn't a videogame adaptation, it's an anime adaptation. 

But good to know Sonic is getting good praise, especially for a videogame adaptation, which are pretty much universally loathed. The common mantra is "you can't make a good videogame movie". Well, this one is sure well-liked.

And people marked this one down as a surefire dud after that awful teaser trailer (yes, it had more problems than just the godawful first design for Sonic). Way to prove the naysayers wrong.

I have seen neither Detective Pikachu nor the Sonic the Hedgehog movie cause I don't go to the movies anymore. Too expensive in my opinion.

But I won't mind watching both if/when they show up on Netflix over here.

Watched it yesterday. I never cared for Sonic games but the movie was a very good family film. Story was as unoriginal as it gets but it didn't matter, phasing was fluent and jokes were funny. Jim Carrey was hilarious :D What a dick. 

About that top10 list of vg movies.. Assassin's Creed really didn't make it? Surprised about that.

Also Silent Hill should have reviewed better. It wasn't that bad.