By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Witcher 3 UPDATE brings cross-save and graphic options on Switch

I'm running 3.6.
Crazy how this game never auto updates. You always have to go in and do it manually. A minor complaint but I had to find out about the last update (first update for me) because somebody commented on my Facebook post.

Around the Network

Alrighty, just downloaded it and had a good play around with the various graphical options.

My takeaway: for me at least, Saber made the right calls. After experimenting with the different settings I ultimately decided to put it mostly back to default with the exception of the very vague "Blur" setting which I turned off; anyway know what this one does exactly?

It does look a lot more crisp with AA turned off, but on the flipside there's obviously a lot more jaggies, and just personally I'd rather my games look soft than jagged.

Still, the default settings won't be to everyone's taste so it's cool they've given us the option to tailor the game's look.

The optimizations promised are also apparent; does seem to hold 30fps noticeably better in detailed scenes now.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 18 February 2020

Digital Foundry takes version 3.6 for a spin:

This is amazing quite frankly. Such a hugely demanding game, being able to tweak the graphics until it looks and plays well for you, and having cross-play with PC. If you said this was possible two years back you'd be ridiculed. CD Projekt Red and Switch have both proven to be technical wonders at this point and are perfect for each other. Really impressed!

Chrizum said:
This is amazing quite frankly. Such a hugely demanding game, being able to tweak the graphics until it looks and plays well for you, and having cross-play with PC. If you said this was possible two years back you'd be ridiculed. CD Projekt Red and Switch have both proven to be technical wonders at this point and are perfect for each other. Really impressed!

Damn straight.

Heck, even a year ago I reckon if you'd made a thread proposing a port of Witcher 3 to Switch I expect most people would say it just wasn't possible.

Now it's not only a reality, but in so many ways setting the gold standard for current gen Switch ports.

Around the Network

I'd like Xbox One cross saves. I wonder if that's an option in the future.

d21lewis said:

Pretty sure third parties want their game to be perfectly portable between platforms. That way, there's little as possible standing between the game and the player.

d21lewis said:

I don't see why that wouldn't be possible if it can be done with PC. Maybe something worth tweeting to CDPR; after all, people asked them to enable the graphics options and they did.

curl-6 said:
d21lewis said:

I don't see why that wouldn't be possible if it can be done with PC. Maybe something worth tweeting to CDPR; after all, people asked them to enable the graphics options and they did.

I'm on the fence about buying it, having already played the game on XBone.  If they enabled cross-save there, I'd probably have to double dip for just the second time in my life.  

Ok I spent the whole day playing it with my girlfriend, with sharpening filter to max and disabled AA, it really looks stunning even on the big screen, and I even wonder how such a small tablet can run the game