By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 8 February 2020

Strong sales for early February with no major releases.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

Switch is still doing amazing, did it hit 20 million units sold for the fiscal year yet? Real possibility it hits 20+ million units 3 years in a row, I don't see the new systems hurting it (if anything I think they will help Switch sales, lol).

Last edited by scottslater - on 13 February 2020

Nintendo with the Switch:

At first I thought it was weird that PS4 is down more YOY than Xbone, but I guess when you're higher you have further to fall.

These numbers must be a bit off, I'm in the UK and I barely see anyone with a switch and most people I know have a ps4, and back home in Portugal, its like at least 20 ps4 for any switch I see, mostly because back home there's never sales on games, switch games are 75 euros, peoples wages are 600 euros, in fact I've never met one person with a switch, besides me, maybe its a much bigger deal in USA.

curl-6 said:

At first I thought it was weird that PS4 is down more YOY than Xbone, but I guess when you're higher you have further to fall.

Xbox sales are just predictions, there's no official numbers at all, for all we know it could be either 40 million or 60 million world wide.

Around the Network
victor83fernandes said:

These numbers must be a bit off, I'm in the UK and I barely see anyone with a switch and most people I know have a ps4, and back home in Portugal, its like at least 20 ps4 for any switch I see, mostly because back home there's never sales on games, switch games are 75 euros, peoples wages are 600 euros, in fact I've never met one person with a switch, besides me, maybe its a much bigger deal in USA.

Anecdotal evidence is of limited practical use; when I was a teen I knew way more people in my friendship circle with an Xbox than with a PS2, yet the PS2 sold 6 times as much.

trunkswd said:

Year on Year Sales & Market Share Charts - February 8, 2020

Here we see data representing the global sales through to consumers and change in sales performance of the four home consoles and four handhelds over comparable periods for 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020.  Also shown is the market share for each of the consoles over the same periods.

Year to Date Sales Comparison (Same Periods Covered)

Looking at peak year PS4 (2018) and peak year Switch (2020, so far at least) it's impressive how close they are. It bodes very well for Switch that it's closely following the sales of a console that is heading for about 130m units sold lifetime.

Signature goes here!

victor83fernandes said:

Switch was over tracked by a million or so for 2019 so I reckon this year will be the same.

But who knows.